Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR response speed

Guest guest

I'm currently building a sophisticated sequence that has events as small as .02 seconds. Does anyone know if LOR can keep up? I know I also need to take the lamp ramp up/down into consideration. Thx!

Well, for the record a sophisticated sequence doesn't have to have .02 timing ... but I digress.

I haven't heard of a situation where LOR can not keep up. I do know if you try to ramp 80 channels very quickly, you might (again, MIGHT) run into a slight problem. A fix is simple enough, changing the level of fade, which eliminates the problem. (And, in my case, it was 2% adjustment, not something that people could see.)

Again though, I would be surprised to see a sequence that LOR couldn't keep up with. (

True...I agree it doesn't have to be sophisticated with .02 timing. I only have .02 to .05 timing in a few areas. Well, it will be interesting to see how the lights perform compared to the animation viewer. ;) Thx!

I believe (from a post last year) that at .01 there were issues with the timing, but at .02 it was OK. I don't think it was a fact of LOR not keeping up it was more of an issue of the inherent latency of the components. But I could be wrong.

Yes, their is a sequence that could be to fast. a continous on .02 of for .03 I tried that after Dan said that was what the 'Shimmer" was. It was way to fast.

--Daniel L

P.S.- The on/off values might not be correct for the shimmer. I might have forgoten....

Wayne Kremer wrote:

I'm currently building a sophisticated sequence that has events as small as .02 seconds. Does anyone know if LOR can keep up? I know I also need to take the lamp ramp up/down into consideration. Thx!

There are limits but they are hard to hit. I would not get concerned. At the highest speed, you can do do 30 to 40 commands every .02 seconds. A single command can control up to 16 channels.

lkcubsrule wrote:

I was doing A Mad Russian's Christmas tonight...b/c I got it set up tonight, and during the really fast part, it seemed to skip a little bit...like black out for a 1/2 second...

Are you running at High Speed? You can set the speed in the Sequence Editor (Edit->Preferences->Network Preferences ... High speed is not available if you are running with ELLs