Jump to content

MP3 Show director


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am trying to build a show for the MP3 Show Director when I insert the SD card (using the supplied USB adapter from LOR) it doesn't show up in the "Devices with Removable Storage" portion of My Computer. The SD card goes into the adapter easily (the directions say tabs up but it will only go one way so I think its in right) however it doesn't show up in the drives and also when I build the show and click the refresh drives button it doesn't show up and wont let me transfer the files. Any suggestions????????? could the adapter be bad or is this an operator error?????

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you plug the little SD card reader/writer into a USB port on your PC it should show up as a "Removable Disk (x:)" and the light on the reader/writer should come on even if there is no card in it. If you don't have Win XP, you will have to go to the SD card reader/writer web site to get a driver for your version of windows.

Try it on another Win XP machine to see if the reader/writer is broken. If you have Win XP or loaded the drivers and the reader/writer still doesn't work, it will need to be replaced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add to the oddity ... he has a thumb drive that he uses all the time, which he is able to use with the computer, works no problem. When he connects the adaptor supplied by LOR, the light on the adaptor will come on; but he can't see the drive via windows explorer.

Now, he can take the adaptor over to another computer in the house and it works just fine.

(Adaptor = the USB card reader.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are running Win XP right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop then click on manage then look at disk manage and see if it shows up there, if it does you may have to right click on it and select change drive letter and change the drive letter to an unused letter. If you are on a network with shared drives this is a known problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jmevans wrote:

If you are running Win XP right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop then click on manage then look at disk manage and see if it shows up there, if it does you may have to right click on it and select change drive letter and change the drive letter to an unused letter. If you are on a network with shared drives this is a known problem.



I did this and it does not show up at all and when I put my thumb drive in it shows up?????? I went to my sons computer in his bedroom (we do have a home network that we can share drives) and the adapter shows up there:) so I know the adapter works but I cant get it to show up on my computer ;)

TOTALLY CONFUSED
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it trying to pick a specific drive letter that may already be assigned on yours? What drive letter does it show up on your sons? What letter is your thumb drive using?

USB shouldn't care, but ........

m gardner wrote:

jmevans wrote:
If you are running Win XP right click on the My Computer Icon on your desktop then click on manage then look at disk manage and see if it shows up there, if it does you may have to right click on it and select change drive letter and change the drive letter to an unused letter. If you are on a network with shared drives this is a known problem.



I did this and it does not show up at all and when I put my thumb drive in it shows up?????? I went to my sons computer in his bedroom (we do have a home network that we can share drives) and the adapter shows up there:) so I know the adapter works but I cant get it to show up on my computer ;)

TOTALLY CONFUSED

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dgiordano wrote:

Is it trying to pick a specific drive letter that may already be assigned on yours? What drive letter does it show up on your sons? What letter is your thumb drive using?

USB shouldn't care, but ........

Well, he's gone to buy a new adaptor right now ...

When he tried what jmevans mentioned, it doesn't show up at all in the computer manager. However, when he inserts his old thumb drive into the USB port, it would show the information there.

I didn't think to ask him to check what drive letter it was coming up as.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Problem fixed BUT unexplained??????????????????

The adapter works in my sons pc so I know the adapter works. I went to Best Buy picked up a cheapy adapter came home put hte cheapy in and everything works fine????????????????

Should know if the show will run on the MP3 director in about 7 minutes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everything works almost like I knew what I was doing (Ya whatever).

You know you are a REAL newbie when you are standing in front of your own house at 4:30 in the afternoon with headphones and sunglasses on watching your Christmas lights yelling YA BABY IT WORKS

Thanks Everyone who has helped me this year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have some voice overs that I want to use during my show between the sequences however when I am in the hardware utility it will only allow me to laod .LMS and .LAS files in the "MP3 Player Showlist" is there a way to load an MP3 file without a sequence attached to it????? I was also thinking about building a show that only played music untill the lights came on can this be done on the MP3 player????

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This same thing happened to me last night. I rebooted my PC and put the reader in a different USB port from the one I was using earlier to connect to the .mp3 director. It worked fine after that. I think it got confused.... That happens to me every now and again so I can't get too mad at the computer.:]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

m gardner wrote:

I have some voice overs that I want to use during my show between the sequences however when I am in the hardware utility it will only allow me to laod .LMS and .LAS files in the "MP3 Player Showlist" is there a way to load an MP3 file without a sequence attached to it????? I was also thinking about building a show that only played music untill the lights came on can this be done on the MP3 player????

The MP3 player is going to work just like the regular show editor. You can only put LMS/LAS files on there. You would need to create a 'blank' sequence associated with the MP3 files you wished to use.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thought.... Is the adapter supplied by LOR, USB2 only? this can sometimes stop a reader being recognised by a pc if it is only a 1.1 usb port.

This may explain why it was seen by your son's pc and not yours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DarrenJeffries wrote:

One thought.... Is the adapter supplied by LOR, USB2 only? this can sometimes stop a reader being recognised by a pc if it is only a 1.1 usb port.


I'm not the one with the problem, but I can tell you that the adapter isn't only USB 2.0. I've got USB 1.1 on my PC and it works fine.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...