Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller changed address

Guest guest

I've sent an email to LOR, but wondering if anyone else has seen this. As long as I've been here, I don't recall this question being asked.

Controller 08, has now changed channels to 0A. I removed power to the board to test some other things out. The other 6 controllers kept the same address, however, this one controller changed channels on me.

It's easy enough to fix, once. I don't want to be doing this throughout the season.

Anyone ever encounter this before?

16CTB-D controller. 4.01 firmware. Green board.

I'm having some problems with a couple of ctb16d's, but it's problems with the boards not being recognized, at all. After going through all the normal test, the channel selector was in question, but it recognizes the 00 setting, because the led blinks faster, so I don't think that is it. I have an email in with Dan, and he is working on my problem.

Don wrote:

Controller 08, has now changed channels to 0A....

Sounds like the number 2 pin on the right ID switch is making (or not making) proper contact.
In Hexadecimal 8+2=A.

Possibly a bad solder joint or bad switch?

See this link for a similar problem.

Bill let me know what Dan says. I have three doing that. But here is the strange thing. I go into hardware and do a refresh and some are there then do it again and they are gone. I have 19 boards and it has show from 18-15 and anything in between. My mega tree is 01 and has never been seen but still works.

?????:shock:

Robin,

Sorry about the late reply, just got back to the business of putting up the display, after taking off Thanksgiving. I haven't heard from Dan, so I will email him later and let you know what he suggests. Haven't tried them in the show yet, but individually, they aren't being recognized.