Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's or no CCB's, that is the question..

Gary Levelius

Does ANYONE know if these will be available at all this year? I've asked Dan and John and neither of them have answered that question nor the two I asked about programming them. I have a project for this years display that will REQUIRE them and I need to know ASAP so I can switch gears if I need to.

-Gary-

Gary Levelius wrote:

Does ANYONE know if these will be available at all this year? I've asked Dan and John and neither of them have answered that question nor the two I asked about programming them. I have a project for this years display that will REQUIRE them and I need to know ASAP so I can switch gears if I need to.

-Gary-

Not that I know anything about when the CCB's will be released...but you might want to think about having a "Plan B" just in case...

I came up with one this weekend as I thought for sure they would have been up for sale by now...

On Sep 13, Dan posted:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

Jim, the plan "B" is already in place. I found some 5 ft snowmen at Menards for $84 that have animated lights on them that are removable from the frame and will work perfect :D Not as fancy as I wanted, but perfectly fine for my use. They actually may negate the purchase of the CCB's unfortunately.

-Gary-

For those looking for "plan b" Id recomend checking out Aliexpress for RGB Pixels - know that is is not for the faint of heart. You are ordering stuff form China, it takes a long time to shipp, the quality CAN be sub par, and the directions are almost always poorly translated.
Most of these strings will will need a WS2801 or LPD6803
driver to talk DMX, and hten of course you need an iDMX to talk to LOR.

But, if you REALLY want to have some type of RGB bulb, and you dont mind the above issues.

You can check out http://www.adafruit.com/category/37 they have 12 and 20mm pixels. They sell several rgb led products.

But again - if you wana just plug it in, and work - this is NOT the project for you.

Denny wrote:

On Sep 13, Dan posted:

We received the first production run of CCBs. We now need to run about 500 strings through a QA cycle to see if they have the quality we expect. Will report in about a week.

and as you can see, Dan posted that two weeks ago and still no word...so read into it what you want...

When they goon sale we can rest assured that they meet the "LOR Dan" approval and will be a topnotch product...so in my opinion...well worth the wait..

there's is always next year... :D