Light-O-Rama Forums

lor and ccr

xmaslightsnz

ok defintly need help..or i am beyond help..i can see how different comms works, but i have a slight issue with my computer, i only have one comm port, and the ccr takes over that, even though i can find both the Lor and CCR but only one will dance to the music, is there an easy fix for this? or will i need a computer tech to beat my comp up?

I'm not sure if I understand the question, so this might not be an answer to what you're asking, but:

You can daisy chain controllers together, so that more than one are on the same comm port. For example, you could have a cable going from the adapter to the CCR, and then a cable going from the CCR to the other controller. Just make sure that the CCR and the other controller have different unit IDs.

Thanks for that Bob, that sounds like it could the answer to my problem, I will give it a shot and post back the result.
cheers Ian

Well I dont know how it happened, I did daisy chain the CCR and LOR controller before, tried different ways to get it, so i tried the way you said, still came up with two units, then shutdown LOR rebooted, came up with only one unit, so i thought time to play and see what happens, and well wouldnt you know it all lights are working as they should be.;) now its time to start working on different effects with the CCR
Thanks for you help Bob:D