Light-O-Rama Forums

Stars

Arnoldc

Awhile back ago, I asked if it was a good idea to put some sort of tree topper on my 2 "mega" trees. Everyone said I needed one.. With that in mind, and also knowing that these two trees will not exist next year (replacing them with a 14' weber tree). I wanted one that looked like a 3d star, without the 3d price. (will get a true 3d star next year with the new tree).
This is what I came up with. I used foam that I had laying around, cut it and glued them together.. The star is 16" tall. Not too fancy, but hey, I hope it looks good..

Attached files 265171=14707-2011-09-21 20.21.35.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with your assessment - it doesn't suck too bad at all. Fewer lights might give it better definition.

I think the second one is better. I wonder what it would look like with the lights poked into the foam (or through) the foam...

Guest Don Gillespie

George Simmons wrote:

I think the second one is better. I wonder what it would look like with the lights poked into the foam (or through) the foam...

I agree try to outline just the edges and see what it look likes from there sometimes less is more.

Alright, if I poke the holes, should I put the lights on both sides, so you would still see the wires? or just pick a "front" and be done with it?
What I am worried about is weaking the star with all the holes.. hints why I have been trying it this way.

Guest Don Gillespie

Arnoldc wrote:

Alright, if I poke the holes, should I put the lights on both sides, so you would still see the wires? or just pick a "front" and be done with it?
What I am worried about is weaking the star with all the holes.. hints why I have been trying it this way.

I would try this first before I started poking in holes in it, try to attach the lights to the edge about an inch in and see what it look likes from there