Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB08 Firmware Update

Guest guest

Has anyone else done the CTB08 Firmware update by replacing the Chip? I got my Chips from LOR today and put them into my CTB08 boards. I used the newest hardware utility to assign the unit ID. When I did a refresh to find boards. It finds the Board and displays the unit ID followed by question marks "01?????????" It does not identify the board type or firmware version.

Is this normal?

Kevin wrote:

Has anyone else done the CTB08 Firmware update by replacing the Chip? I got my Chips from LOR today and put them into my CTB08 boards. I used the newest hardware utility to assign the unit ID. When I did a refresh to find boards. It finds the Board and displays the unit ID followed by question marks "01?????????" It does not identify the board type or firmware version.

Is this normal?

I know with the CTB16-D you need to update the hardware utility (HWU) or else the firmware version will not show correctly.

Assuming that the CTB08 is based on the same firmware code (which I would suspect) I would theorize that you need to update the HWU on your machine.