Light-O-Rama Forums

Interactive Button

testraub

I just need to know if I need to remove a channel that is for only use by an interactive button from all my sequences, just like I do for background stuff.

Tom Straub

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. You got it right. The interactive button will flash some lights on the donation box after they donate. So I guess I better make sure I remove it from all my other sequences. Just wasn't sure. THANKS :)

Tom Straub

Jeff Millard wrote:

If one is sitting there with 0% and another is trying to run at 100% they will fight for the right to operate that channel. The results will be some flickering and an occasionally sticky on or off.

It's actually not that bad, and not even unpredictable.

As near as I can tell, with the current (S2) version, each channel in a sequence is composed of a sequence of events that will be sent to that channel. Each event is only sent at the beginning of the event time. You can see the event time by hovering the mouse over a cell.

There is always at least one event sent to each channel in a sequence, and that is the first event sent at the very beginning of the sequence.

In your example, if most of your musical sequences have the "Donation Box" channel, but that channel is off the entire sequence, then an "Off" event will be sent to that channel at the start of each of those sequences. If your "Donation" magic toy sequence flashes the "Donation Box" channel by turning it on 100% then off several times, there would be a (very) small chance that could happen right when a musical sequence is starting, and the channel happens to be 100% on at that point. The only result would be that it would turn off a fraction of a second earlier than what was specified in the "Donation" sequence, and that would only happen for one of the flashes. No one would notice.

I have a channel like this in my Halloween show: The "Fog" channel. I run a "Fog" sequence when a motion detector is triggered that turns the "Fog" channel on and off several times. However, I still want to keep the fog machine exercised when there are no visitors. So I have one sequence out of about 10 minutes that turns the "Fog" channel on briefly. There has been no perceptible interference with the operation of the motion sensor sequence.

You would have a bigger problem if the donation box sequence needed to turn something on for a longer period, such as a snow machine, or carousel. Then it could disappoint visitors it a musical sequence started and it turned off too soon.

Attached files 266248=14768-Event.png