Light-O-Rama Forums

Chicago

Mark Showalter

I went to a Chicago concert last night. I was delighted to hear they are releasing a Christmas CD next month with Christmas tunes you know done with a fresh rock twist. They did a live performance of one of the tunes. I may have to squeeze in another sequence or two.:D

Very cool! Is it coming out before the holidays? Sometimes new Christmas CDs don't come out in time for "sequencing season". But it is always nice to have some new verisons of old tunes.

Thanks for sharing. So how was the concert overall?

The concert was great. I don't think they played a song I didn't know. They've been touring for some time now. They started in Brazil then to Europe and now in the states. At one point one of the band members told the audience how great it was to be here even though he didn't really know where "here" was.

The concert was great. I don't think they played a song I didn't know. They've been touring for some time now. They started in Brazil then to Europe and now in the states. At one point one of the band members told the audience how great it was to be here even though he didn't really know where "here" was.

Didn't know those guys were still together, to whatever extent they are together. I assume Peter Cetera is still leading the way?

What really makes me feel old is my HS symphony and marching band director was a huge Chicago fan, and so we played a lot of their music..and that was (gulp) 30+ years ago...

DonFL wrote:

What really makes me feel old is my HS symphony and marching band director was a huge Chicago fan, and so we played a lot of their music..and that was (gulp) 30+ years ago...

Went and saw Chicago play at the Seattle Center Coliseum (now Key Arena) back in 1972 or 73...

so ALMOST 40 years ago!!

and you think YOU feel old!!!! :shock: :D

jimswinder wrote:

DonFL wrote:

Went and saw Chicago play at the Seattle Center Coliseum (now Key Arena) back in 1972 or 73...

so ALMOST 40 years ago!!

If it helps ANY I wasn't even born yet.. :D

Arnoldc wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:

so ALMOST 40 years ago!!

then you need to RESPECT your elders!!!! :dude: :D

DonFL wrote:

Didn't know those guys were still together, to whatever extent they are together. I assume Peter Cetera is still leading the way?

Peter Cetera left on really bad terms back around 86. Jason Scheff took his place. They're still Chicago and still good.
But not the same as when Pete was with them.

Arnoldc wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:

so ALMOST 40 years ago!!

you kids of today show no respect..:(:D

so you're telling me LoriP dumped you for a guy twice your age?..:D:P:D:D

DonFL wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:

so ALMOST 40 years ago!!

If it helps ANY I wasn't even born yet.. :P

you kids of today show no respect..:(:P

so you're telling me LoriP dumped you for a guy twice your age?..:P:P:D:D
I believe you have that wrong my friend.. I left her so SHE could go to Jim.. She wanted his lights and ccrs and such..

Arnoldc wrote:

DonFL wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:
so ALMOST 40 years ago!!
I believe you have that wrong my friend.. I left her to go to Jim.. She wanted his lights and ccrs and such..
Wait? WHAT??

You left her for me???

Why ARNOLD...I didn't know you cared!!!! :(

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
DonFL wrote:
Arnoldc wrote:
jimswinder wrote:
DonFL wrote:
so ALMOST 40 years ago!!
I believe you have that wrong my friend.. I left so SHE could go to Jim.. She wanted his lights and ccrs and such..
Wait? WHAT??

You left her for me???

Why ARNOLD...I didn't know you cared!!!! :(
Fixed!
Sorry Jim, Youre not my type

Arnoldc wrote:

Fixed!
Sorry Jim, Youre my my type

So what is it? Am I or aren't I? :P

EDIT: LOL I beat you before you got to edit it...AGAIN!!! LOL