Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Lawn Stakes Using Rainbow Spotlights

ryebred

So here is my question...how much would it cost to build a set of these total? That is if I had any knowledge of how you did it...which I don't. Also how much would YOU charge to make a set of these??

Tom Clapper wrote:

So here is my question...how much would it cost to build a set of these total? That is if I had any knowledge of how you did it...which I don't. Also how much would YOU charge to make a set of these??

Total costs for me:

* 5 x DIY Ranbow Spotlights = $60 + shipping
* 1 x Box of C9 shaped Clear Lighted lawn stakes = $50 + shipping
* 30 feet of 22/4 wire = I bought a roll of 500 feet for $58 + shipping
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Parts Cost: $160 + shipping

Time expenditure

* Soldering 5 Rainbow spotlights = 1 hour
* Opening up and removing all LED's and wire from lawn stakes = 20 minutes
* Wiring together and testing all rainbow spotlights = 45 minutes
* Installing all spotlights in the lawn stakes and completing = 45 minutes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Time Cost: 2 hours and 50 minutes

I haven't really given much thought to making these for people especially since I still have three more to make for myself. If I did, you could see that the cost for 30 feet of wire would be like $5 so parts costs would be around $115 plus shipping and 3 hours of my time to assemble and another 20 minutes or so to package and ship.

ryebred wrote:

Tom Clapper wrote:

I haven't really given much thought to making these for people especially since I still have three more to make for myself. If I did, you could see that the cost for 30 feet of wire would be like $5 so parts costs would be around $115 plus shipping and 3 hours of my time to assemble and another 20 minutes or so to package and ship.

All good things come to those who wait. (hint, hint, nudge, nudge ;))

gmac wrote:

I think those look really cool, are those oversize bulbs?  Would like more info on how you did it.

Post #5 in this thread explains how he made them.

• The topic was locked