Light-O-Rama Forums

My new toy!

rikerz

Finally raised my new 30ft 5x5" square light pole Megatree, more pics to follow of the heavy duty winch/light transport system. It was dark when I got everything working so no pics of it today.

Attached files 263004=14575-DSCF1684resized.jpg

wbottomley wrote:

Good deal. Progress is being made.

Here's mine:
1310719815-33.jpg

And... they're singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas."

:)

I am thinking we can take that in 2 different ways. Both of which would be a good Christmas present

WOW, First post was about raising a pole, 4th post about raising another...

I think you can figure out where I was going with that.

By the way, If this thread is about new toys,
William, didn't anyone teach you to share your toys...

Guest Don Gillespie

JBullard wrote:

William,

You really are "dreaming" now aren't you ?

John I think he is in a coma,:) unless those are his sisters or long lost cousins, either way just the fact that he got a photo of them is impresive LOL :D

Guest wbottomley

Don Gillespie wrote:

JBullard wrote:
William,

You really are "dreaming" now aren't you ?

John I think he is in a coma,:) unless those are his sisters or long lost cousins, either way just the fact that he got a photo of them is impresive LOL :D

Do I look like I'm from the 35th state? :D

And... that's tongue-n-cheek.

I probably dont need the guy wires but they will give it a better chance for the concrete to settle since it is 6 feet deep.. Pics of the heavy duty "light transport system" are incoming.

Attached files 263094=14586-DSCF1699resized.jpg

Don Gillespie wrote:

looks great can't wait to see it with the lights on it.

Since everyone will only be able to see the front side of this megatree do you and everyone else think I should install lights all the way around or 3/4 to give it a fuller look? Cant really see the back because it sits on a hill and not really any good access to the back side. Suggestions?

This is a pic of the heavy duty light transport system which will carry up to about 1500lbs. I dont have the actually light holder on it yet. The light holder will be modular and be able to remove to add other attachments like a longer pole to make this a 48foot Megatree or a flag holder or if I want to get a closer look at the top of my house:shock:

Attached files 263096=14587-DSCF1701resized.jpg

rikerz wrote:

Since everyone will only be able to see the front side of this megatree do you and everyone else think I should install lights all the way around or 3/4 to give it a fuller look? Cant really see the back because it sits on a hill and not really any good access to the back side. Suggestions?

Since a mega tree is 'hollow' and you can see through to the lights in the back, I think it would look best with lights all the way around.

I think it would be hard to make many of the effects you can do with a mega tree look right with lights only 3/4 of the way around.

LORi P wrote:

rikerz wrote:

Since a mega tree is 'hollow' and you can see through to the lights in the back, I think it would look best with lights all the way around.

I think it would be hard to make many of the effects you can do with a mega tree look right with lights only 3/4 of the way around.

True, that was what I was thinking also but wanted opinions..thanks...!

rikerz wrote:

LORi P wrote:
rikerz wrote:

True, that was what I was thinking also but wanted opinions..thanks...!
I do believe that LoriP hit the nail on the head. Just would not look right if you didnt have lights all around the tree. And if you watch any of the You Tube vids that have a mega tree you will notice that you can tell when the lights in the back are turned on.

Very awesome. I'm putting up a 20' this year (my first) and you already got me wanting to upgrade :D

The real question, though, if you're doing so much work to build this thing, why wouldn't you want to go all the way around? After all, a complete 30' mega is a testament to your love of the hobby (and a good way to make others jealous).