Light-O-Rama Forums

Another Is It Just Me? moment...

George Simmons

I was walking through the house a few minutes ago and went past the porch where Sharon was watching the US Open Tennis thing. The only sounds coming from the TV were "UNNG-HUUAAH", thwack, "UH-HINNNG", thwack, "UNNG-HUUAAH", thwack, "UH-HINNNG", thwack, "UNNG-HUUAAH", thwack, "UH-HINNNG", thwack...

To anyone who wonders why tennis is ignored by about 99.9999% of the world's population, I say all you gotta do is take a listen. I clearly do not understand why ANYONE would spend the equivalent of a controller to sit there in person all day and have to listen to those jungle noises. I know my memory ain't as great as it once was, but I don't remember tennis sounding like that when I was young.

And the women... geez... some of the sounds they make are ones I'd be proud to have caused in a bedroom... (or is that just my faulty memory again?) Has it always been this way? Was Chris Evert so alluring back in the day that she vocally induced a total male fantasy when she stroked her balls, so much so that I'd fail to actually hear or remember those sounds?

While I'll agree about the sounds, The 99.9% is way off the mark, as tennis is huge nowadays.

Attending the US open in person during round 2, 3 and 4 is incredible.
Several hundred thousand people.
Big name players playing on almost every court (there are DOZENS of courts), not to mention you can actually get close (Ana Ivanovic touched my hand!)
but just like Basketball, once you get down to the final 4 the excitement is gone.

I can't agree more with you George but I feel it is all done for show. Instead of making a statement with how they play the game and being
remembered by that like Arthur Ashe or Billy Jean King they want to be remembered for the sounds they make instead. All totally ridiculous sounds at that!:shock:

I can identify with any kind of argument that uses the standard Christmas Enthusiast's key currency (a controller) as part of the conclusion...

As in, "That vacation isn't worth it to me, I can buy 5 controllers", or "I'd love to go to that fancy steakhouse with your mother-in-law but I could get a controller next week instead"...

Randy

Guest Don Gillespie

George you are right the sounds are crazy, however if you want to have some fun turn your tv way up then open your windows and every once in a while yell oh baby real load, the neighbors will look at you differently next time you go out for a walk. LOl :)

Don Gillespie wrote:

George you are right the sounds are crazy, however if you want to have some fun turn your tv way up then open your windows and every once in a while yell oh baby real load, the neighbors will look at you differently next time you go out for a walk. LOl :)

Ok, so find the funny typo in THIS post...:shock:

George Simmons wrote:

And the women... geez... some of the sounds they make are ones I'd be proud to have caused in a bedroom... (or is that just my faulty memory again?)

That could be the case..and we have no proof (and don't want any...) of whether your memory is true or not.

So I'd go for it, and take full credit...:)

Maybe in Canada they have the choice of a real load or a fake one. Or it could be he's used to hearing someone crying out for him to re-load because maybe they weren't finished yet.

Guest Don Gillespie

DonFL wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:

Ok, so find the funny typo in THIS post...:shock:

Trust Don to look for spelling mistakes, after I re read it I said oh what the hell no one will notice LOL :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

I like the way you think!!