Light-O-Rama Forums

The End Of An Era...

jimswinder

okay..so it was only up ONE night...but still! LOL

I took apart my 9600 C6 Spiral Tree yesterday and tonight to make way for my new 24 String CCB Mega/Weber tree.

Out of the 96 100ct C6 strings, only 8 of them had sections that were not working...and I believe most, if not all, of these can be repaired as it looks like they just have a wire or two pulled out of the light sockets.

I am in the process of building 4 - 24 channel "Firesticks with Stars" with the light strings.

Okay...back to work...

Attached files 262428=14540-lights2.jpg

I'm hoping you get your CCBs and S3 with enough time to make the new Mega/Weber shine. Nice job repurposing the old C6 strings. I look forward to seeing video of the new display before December (and the large Seattle winds) hit.:)

Mark Showalter wrote:

I'm hoping you get your CCBs and S3 with enough time to make the new Mega/Weber shine. Nice job repurposing the old C6 strings. I look forward to seeing video of the new display before December (and the large Seattle winds) hit.:)

Even if I am building it Christmas Eve, I plan on having a CCB Weber/Spiral Tree this year!!!

I remember thinking "holy crap..." when you posted and told us that thing had come crashing down in the middle of the night..(it also made me worry more about one of my mini-trees falling over in a strong breeze...:))

You were also a good sport for us, well, still ARE, a good sport, for all the jokes we've made at its expense...and no, it never gets old..:(

May the "winder weber" live in peace from this day forward...

And if you don't get those CCBs soon, you may be reconsidering your decision...

jimswinder wrote:

okay..so it was only up ONE night...but still! LOL

I took apart my 9600 C6 Spiral Tree yesterday and tonight to make way for my new 24 String CCB Mega/Weber tree.

Out of the 96 100ct C6 strings, only 8 of them had sections that were not working...and I believe most, if not all, of these can be repaired as it looks like they just have a wire or two pulled out of the light sockets.

I am in the process of building 4 - 24 channel "Firesticks with Stars" with the light strings.

Okay...back to work...

9-11%20-%20We%20Will%20Never%20Forget.jpg

nor will we ever let you forget! :P

DonFL wrote:

I remember thinking "holy crap..." when you posted and told us that thing had come crashing down in the middle of the night..(it also made me worry more about one of my mini-trees falling over in a strong breeze...:P)

You were also a good sport for us, well, still ARE, a good sport, for all the jokes we've made at its expense...and no, it never gets old..:)

So would that be the WWE, Winder Weber Era??? Wrestle with that for awhile.

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

DonFL wrote:
I remember thinking "holy crap..." when you posted and told us that thing had come crashing down in the middle of the night..(it also made me worry more about one of my mini-trees falling over in a strong breeze...:D)

You were also a good sport for us, well, still ARE, a good sport, for all the jokes we've made at its expense...and no, it never gets old..:D

That is not right, WWE, Winder Weber Era, what do we call Jim, KFD, Kinda Fell Down :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
DonFL wrote:
I remember thinking "holy crap..." when you posted and told us that thing had come crashing down in the middle of the night..(it also made me worry more about one of my mini-trees falling over in a strong breeze...:D)

You were also a good sport for us, well, still ARE, a good sport, for all the jokes we've made at its expense...and no, it never gets old..:D

That is not right, WWE, Winder Weber Era, what do we call Jim, KFD, Kinda Fell Down :P

"JSW " Just So Wierd?:D

shfr26 wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
shfr26 wrote:
DonFL wrote:

"JSW " Just So Wierd?:D
wired maybe...but not weird!!!

okay...maybe both....

I keep seeing this topic, and being afraid that it is really bad news..

Or I misread the topic, and wonder how good news got here so soon: (the end of an error)

• 2 months later...

confinisher67 wrote:

newb question...

whats a ccb tree?

A dream... :D

Jim's dream. And unlike he said on a previous post in this thread, he won't be building one this year... not even on Christmas Eve. :{

CCB = Cosmic Color Bulbs
A new product that LOR was going to introoduce this year. RGB light strings.... Some manufacturing issues have delayed the release of CCBs. Many of us are hoping for next year. :)

A CCB tree is a mega tree made of CCBs so that it can be a 'regular' mega tree, a Weber (spiral tree), or a million other cool things.... all in one tree!

• The topic was locked