Light-O-Rama Forums

Are they all on Backorder?

Walk7856

welcome to the forums!

First can you update your location in your profile as somebody may be nearby that can help you.

second, i cant say with 100% certainty that you will get it befor the 15th, however if you are unable to get one by then i will be willing to loan you one for no charge, only a deposit that will be refunded when it is returned.

please feel free to email me if you have any questions: info@displaysinmotion.net

Walk7856 wrote:

I'm wanting to purchase a lightorama before October. I'm having a Halloween party on October 15th and need some time to program. Any word if I could actually get on before then?

you don't need a controller to program your sequences...just the software...

The programs would be useless without the device. I'd rather not go through all the work if it turns out I cant use the sequences.

I'm in southern Ohio. Loaning one sounds great actually. I will gladly pay a rental fee... Let me know how we can set this up.

Welcome aboard!

I'd strongly suggest that you re-evaluate Jim's advice, because learning at least the basics of the software is definitely the place to start. Your show is going to look either good or crappy based on your programming; the controller has nothing to do with that.

Sounds like you're wanting one controller. If that's the case, it shouldn't take you more than an hour to put something together in the animation view that would be good enough to give you an excellent idea what your programming will look like.

Good luck!

George Simmons wrote:

Welcome aboard!

I'd strongly suggest that you re-evaluate Jim's advice, because learning at least the basics of the software is definitely the place to start. Your show is going to look either good or crappy based on your programming; the controller has nothing to do with that.

Sounds like you're wanting one controller. If that's the case, it shouldn't take you more than an hour to put something together in the animation view that would be good enough to give you an excellent idea what your programming will look like.

Good luck!
I agree 110% with George and Jim.. I am a newbie too.. I did 4 sequences before I even thought about hooking up the controller, and even with that said, I just did the test when I assigned their numbers. The software has a visualizer where you can get a very good idea what is happening.
And if you are struggling, every member here is a great help.

And btw welcome to the madness.

Arnold

Thanks for all the insight. Will I be paying more if I buy the software seperate from the device? I was originally interested in buying a kit. I'm using the LOR a little untraditionally... there won't be a "show" but rather a change of mood lighting every couple minutes or so. The sequences will not be attached to music, I have a DJ that is playing all the music, so it would get confusing for him to switch from his computer to mine when he wants a sequenced song to play. I still want the system though for Christmas, and maybe next year I'll have time to sequence many songs to play at the party. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this better, please let me know...

You can download the software for free and do all your sequencing and save the files. The only difference is it won't actually send commands to the controller until you purchase the license.

Guest Don Gillespie

Walk7856 wrote:

Thanks for all the insight. Will I be paying more if I buy the software seperate from the device? I was originally interested in buying a kit. I'm using the LOR a little untraditionally... there won't be a "show" but rather a change of mood lighting every couple minutes or so. The sequences will not be attached to music, I have a DJ that is playing all the music, so it would get confusing for him to switch from his computer to mine when he wants a sequenced song to play. I still want the system though for Christmas, and maybe next year I'll have time to sequence many songs to play at the party. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this better, please let me know...

first of all welcome, secondly with the LOR software and controllers you won't need a DJ you get to sequence the lights and the music to go with it thats what makes this so unique

Well, I will need a dj because I won't be sequencing every song that is played, he will have most of the music on a Mac computer, and I will have the sequenced songs on my PC. He will have to switch the auxiliary port any time a sequenced song is played. Right?

What I'm thinking is you don't even need to do that.. Get all your music together. Set it up like you're doing a sequence, but don't do anything, just save the file with no lights running. Then on the ones you want the show do the sequence. Then go in the show scheduler then add everything and waaLaaaa no dj