Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot start LOR Control Panel

rhino

Does this belong on the Newbie forum?

I'm finally getting to the point where I have amassed enough hardware over the last several years (my own little lay-away plan), where I can now put something together this year.

I followed the LOR Quick Start Guide, and got stuck on step 4 -- Test with the Hardware Utility.

1. Install the RS458 Adapter (we have RS485B).

2. Install the ShowTime Windows Software. (we have v 2.7.6 disk; loaded fine; had no prompts for license key, though. Is that a problem?)

3. Unpack and connect a lighting controller. (Did this, connected to 15 lil' 24" trees, waiting for their first blinking.)

4. Test with the Hardware Utility.

We went to Start > All Programs > LightORama > Light-O-Rama Control Panel.

An "installer" pop-up appears, and about 2-3 mins later, we receive the following:
Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Light-O-Rama. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

What am I doing wrong?

Running on XP v5.1, SP3.

Installed the software S2 on my NAS (network) drive. Is that the problem? I tried to re-install the LOR S2 software, and took the "Repair" option. That didn't help. Do I need to download the latest software (v2.9.4) first?

Not the likely problem, but did you install the drivers for the RS485? I'm assuming that was step 1 you did.

It does sound like your network drive is the problem..what stops you from loading the latest version (2.9.4) on the C drive for whatever machine your controllers are connected to?

Great questions DonFL.

Yes, I did install the drivers for the RS485B. That worked like a champ.

I have since de-installed LOR S2 Software Suite, and trying to re-install on the c: drive. I'm now getting an Error 1304. Error writing to file c:/windows/system32/ccrpTmr6.dll. Verify you have access to that directory.

I'm running as an administrator account. The properties on the system32 subdirectory show the "read-only" check-box as "some" -- not fully checked and not fully un-checked. I uncheck it for the read-only, and it asks if I want to do this for all sub-folders and files, and I indicate "no" -- just this subfolder. And I get the same error when re-attempting to install the S2 software.

I'm getting this error either with the latest 2.9.4 download from the software webpage, or from the 2.7.6 from the CD.

Help?

NEVER MIND! We are now PAST step 4 of the Quick Start Guide.

Error 1304 was caused because my Anti-virus (AVG) had previously quarantined the file crpTmr6.dll. Thus, it wouldn't allow it to be loaded on subsequent installs. I "restored" this file through the AVG anti-virus utility. And re-attempted to install the latest S2 version -- 2.9.4. And all worked well. Also got past the 1706 Error.

So, please ignore this post.