Light-O-Rama Forums

IF?

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

Just a thought lets just say for instance that LOR has encountered a problem and the controllers would not be available this year, what elements would you have to remove from your show, I would lose 48 channels, my show would go on but not with the some key elements.

any one else???

Did not get any in the secret sale, was hoping for 2 controllers, one spare, one for a mega tree. If I can't get one, no mega tree. And I already bought the CB tower. Oh well.

my show would be the same as last year, I sequenced for new items without stealing any hardware from other display items. Just won't have the hardware to run the new portions of the show. On the bright side I would have a jump on 2012!

I have 32 channels. I planned for 64. If I don't get 2 more controllers, I only use 2 colors instead of 4.

No biggie.

Isn't the world supposed to end December 12, or something like that anyhow?

So none of us will have a display....LOL

If products were not available my show would be the same as last year with a few programming changes (enhancements?).

My show equipment is planned to change quit a bit, but the viewers will not miss something they don't know about.

However due to crapy pre-buy lights (all LEDs) / crapy replacement lights (blue LEDs) / and yet another crapy pre-buy (green LEDs). I still have elements of my display that have to have their lights replaced again for the 3rd year in a row. So was hoping to replace these with LORs CCBs. So if that don't happen might have to pull some ol faithful incans. out of the box.:D

David Rise wrote:

I have 32 channels. I planned for 64. If I don't get 2 more controllers, I only use 2 colors instead of 4.

No biggie.

Isn't the world supposed to end December 12, or something like that anyhow?

So none of us will have a display....LOL

Thats in 2012.:shock:

Were good to go for this year.:D

NEXT YEAR? Are you sure?

I was kidding when I said I was all set. I haven't planned a thing, or even started sequencing. I was betting on the world ending......LOL

David Rise wrote:

NEXT YEAR? Are you sure?

I was kidding when I said I was all set. I haven't planned a thing, or even started sequencing. I was betting on the world ending......LOL

LOL...

I was messing around with one of those 'death clocks' one day. It said I was going to die on Dec 28 2025. I told my wife. "Sweet in 2025 I will get to put up the display and enjoy it, but I won't have to take it down." LOL She did not think it was funny. :?

BTW. I am still holding out hope that the CCBs will go on sale SOON and get to my house SOON.

I was given about 15K stuff from a guy that did a big display. I have 80 regulare channels and 30 DC channels and was going to get 3 more controllers for the added elements. Hopfully I can get the new controllers or Im not going to be able to use the new stuff.

The only thing I am counting on are the CCB's (and S3 software)...

but without them I am pretty much screwed as I have built my whole display this year around them and they would free up 314 channels...

and I have already allocated those channels elsewhere and have been sequencing as if I will have the CCB's...

Big gamble on my part...but I think Dan and Company will come thru...

jimswinder wrote:

I don't think it's a gamble at all! Dan and crew will come thru!!!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

shfr26 wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

I like your think guys, :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

I like your think guys, :)

It's only a little after 2. Are you already drinking?:D

Paul Roberson wrote:

Don Gillespie wrote:
shfr26 wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

I like your think guys, :)

It's only a little after 2. Are you already drinking?:D

Well, it's after 3 here and Don doesn't have a watch. He sold it to buy more controllers. Besides, his wife tell him what time it is, and when to do stuff, and he listens.

Switch to Lynx Express controllers and purchase an iDMX. But then if there are no other dimming enhancements worthwhile over the current controllers I will anyway.

But look on the bright side. The 2012 sale will probably be way early. :)

Like some others have posted, I bought the additional controllers I need for my 2011 display back in 2010.

What I buy this year, will be for the 2012 display. Same with lights, always buy a year ahead, 2012's display is already planned and 2013 is being sketched out. So when the presales start in Jan 2012, I'll be ordering lights for 2013.

JBullard wrote:

display is already planned and 2013 is being sketched out. So when the presales start in Jan 2012, I'll be ordering lights for 2013.

but the world ends in 2012.... :shock:

I've also planned ahead and have everything needed. Last year was a different story and would have liked to have one or two more controllers - didn't come to be. I adjusted accordingly. No big.