Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR program lockup

Guest guest

I haven't had this before. Testing a complete show with 6 songs. The program locked up 5 times. When this happens the lights stop and then go dark. After about 10 seconds they continue flashing as programmed. The song continues to play so it's not the entire computer locking but just the LOR program. Double checked the amp load just to make sure I'm not overloading anything. Anybody else had this?

Joe Lotz wrote:

I haven't had this before. Testing a complete show with 6 songs. The program locked up 5 times. When this happens the lights stop and then go dark. After about 10 seconds they continue flashing as programmed. The song continues to play so it's not the entire computer locking but just the LOR program. Double checked the amp load just to make sure I'm not overloading anything. Anybody else had this?

If you're using the sequence editor to test... then it's very cpu resource dependent. That happens on slower pc's with less ram and processor speed.

Joe Lotz wrote:

Thanks. With a 3.0 ghz processor and 1 gig of memory I just assumed it would be enough.
Joe

AMD 3.0+ ghz processor .. 2gig memory. Still have problems over here.

Now, running the show, I run on a Celeron, ~300 mhz processor with 128ram. Have no problems at all.

Don wrote:

Joe Lotz wrote:
Thanks. With a 3.0 ghz processor and 1 gig of memory I just assumed it would be enough.
Joe

AMD 3.0+ ghz processor .. 2gig memory. Still have problems over here.

Now, running the show, I run on a Celeron, ~300 mhz processor with 128ram. Have no problems at all.

I make sequences on a P4 HT processor and 1 gig mem. No problems here so far. My mp3 director card runs the show.

Joe Lotz wrote:

Something is hanging the LOR software. 10 seconds is a very long time on a computer. Your machine should have no problem runing the show. You say that your were testing all 6 songs. Were you using the Show Player (enable shows) or the Sequence Editor?

Dan, I had loaded my songs into the show editor to run a full test on the show. Scheduled a show for an hour (to give me time to check all the lights and make notes). Using a total of 6 songs.

Joe

Joe Lotz wrote:

Dan, I had loaded my songs into the show editor to run a full test on the show. Scheduled a show for an hour (to give me time to check all the lights and make notes). Using a total of 6 songs.

Joe

So it was during a show playing that you had this pausing in the sequences.... It was not the sequence editor so there is nothing to see on the PC when things freeze but rather the lights freeze.

Joe it is something running on you maching... Do you know how to run the taskmgr and go to processes tab. Then click on the top of the CPU column a couple of times until you see the IDLE process on the top using most of the cpu....

Run a show and see what process jumps to the top when the lights freeze up.