Light-O-Rama Forums

I got sunburnt today putting up my lights

Guest guest

I started haning my lights for my show today. Hoping to go live on Thanksigiving night. It was 85 degrees here and probably another 10 degrees warmer on the roof. My wife has a picture of me hanging the lights with my shirt off. haha. You gotta love Arizona. Tomorrow I hook up the controllers and do a test run.

Flanman

This past week our day time temperatures have been between 85o & 95o F for Mid-November - WOW. In the AM I work on the westerly side of the house in the shade, in the PM I work on the easterly side and just before the sun sets, the roof work gets done.

Being a few hundred yards from the Pacific Ocean and due to the extreme temperature differences, we have been having dense fog at night.

Gotta love the weather threads.

I won't complain, it was mid-thirties here, but it sure beats other years when it's been in the teens and we've done the big "last minute setup" rush thing.

-Tim

It's about 30 here luckly i got lights hung last weekend when it was 70. Now all I have to do is wire everything up, which i can take my time. Right now I'm taking rope light off my wireframes and putting on mini's in the warm basement.

flanman wrote:

I started haning my lights for my show today. Hoping to go live on Thanksigiving night. It was 85 degrees here and probably another 10 degrees warmer on the roof. My wife has a picture of me hanging the lights with my shirt off. haha. You gotta love Arizona. Tomorrow I hook up the controllers and do a test run.

Flanman

Two words:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr:{

Brrrrrrrrrrrr......:happytree:

Ken Gelinas

One just doesnt know what it will be like from day today in Minnesota. I have pics of me hanging lights this year in shorts! But by the weekend I was in my sweats and heavy jacket, gloves and hat as it was in the teens!

But the show must go on no matter what the weather is.

Peggy

I've been up putting most of our lights up in the rain this year. Actually, I've been pretty lucky over the last few days there has been a break in the weather so i've been madly doing as much as I can....
Still got a long way to go with only 10 days left....
:shock::shock: