Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Sequencer, How do you move a channel from bottom to top?

Guest guest

Denis Chaput wrote:

You can copy a row and paste it where you want after you create a new channelwhere you want then delete the old channel don't forget to assign the new channel to the controller

Yeah, you have to do it the hard way. I'm crossing my fingers for "drag and drop" in a future version.

-Tim

The question I have is, "Why do you want to rearrange the channels on your sequencer?" As I'm a newbie with only 16 channels, I just arranged my channels in what I thought was a logical pattern. But after completing four songs, it dawned on me to check the watts and amps that I would be pulling with each circuit and then the total on the first and second eight channels. Come to learn that I was not pulling too many amps per channel, but that my second eight channels were pulling much more than the allotted 15 and the first eight much fewer than 15 amps. So I needed to switch circuit assignments to even everything out.

At first I thought I was going to have to do the copy/paste thing. Then I learned that I could click on one of the channels I wanted to change the circuit assignment, which opens a list of options, one of which is to Change Channel Settings. Clicked on it, which opens the current assignments for that channel, i.e., name, color, device type, unit, circuit, clicked on the circuit down arrow and changed the 6 to a 9. I went through the same process with the other circuits until I got the balance needed to avoid blowing a breaker. I also avoided the need to move any of the sequences or animation previously completed.

Don't know if that addresses your question being a newbie and all.

timdks wrote:

The question I have is, "Why do you want to rearrange the channels on your sequencer?" As I'm a newbie with only 16 channels, I just arranged my channels in what I thought was a logical pattern. But after completing four songs, it dawned on me to check the watts and amps that I would be pulling with each circuit and then the total on the first and second eight channels. Come to learn that I was not pulling too many amps per channel, but that my second eight channels were pulling much more than the allotted 15 and the first eight much fewer than 15 amps. So I needed to switch circuit assignments to even everything out.

At first I thought I was going to have to do the copy/paste thing. Then I learned that I could click on one of the channels I wanted to change the circuit assignment, which opens a list of options, one of which is to Change Channel Settings. Clicked on it, which opens the current assignments for that channel, i.e., name, color, device type, unit, circuit, clicked on the circuit down arrow and changed the 6 to a 9. I went through the same process with the other circuits until I got the balance needed to avoid blowing a breaker. I also avoided the need to move any of the sequences or animation previously completed.

Good point.

But sometimes, especially over the years, things change, and you'd like the groupings different. A good example for me this year: In a previous year, I had mini-strobes on some of our mini-trees. I scrapped this since the effect wasn't that good. This year, I decided to incorporate them in the mega-tree. But my "mini-strobe" channel is grouped with the mini-trees, not the mega-tree. It was too big of a pain to change it in all the sequences so I just left it.

-Tim

timdks wrote:

The question I have is, "Why do you want to rearrange the channels on your sequencer?" As I'm a newbie with only 16 channels, I just arranged my channels in what I thought was a logical pattern.

At first I thought I was going to have to do the copy/paste thing. Then I learned that I could click on one of the channels I wanted to change the circuit assignment, which opens a list of options, one of which is to Change Channel Settings.

Timdks
The reason I need to move so many channels around is because I am cutting down this year to just using eight mini trees that are three channels (colors) each.
Its quite a mess with the changes plus working with 56 channels I need to keep some sort of visual orginazation as to what is where during sequencing.
At 16 channels it is a lot easier, but with the 24 channels on the mini trees alone, I can't have them mixed up with the rest of the yard.

I just started to get lost. And it slowed things down fast.
Cheepguy

Denis Chaput wrote:

You can copy a row and paste it where you want after you create a new channelwhere you want then delete the old channel don't forget to assign the new channel to the controller

Thanks Denis
I read your post and went right to work. It was slow but it worked great.
Thanks
Cheepguy