Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor locking up on startup

JoeKinne

the editor was working last time I used it (I haven't used it since January) how whenever I start it up it locks up immediately on start-up. It shows the main editor screen but the "Open/new file" popup never shows. I have restarted the PC and I have uninstalled and re-installed the software to no avail. Has anyone had any issues like this or have any recommendations? I have moved on to using my display machine, however this isn't my normal editing machine and it a pain in the keester to use.

Hi Joe, if you have already done the uninstall / reinstall and it is still having problems, I'd say you should try the registry wipe.
So you should uninstall the software, then run the wipe, then reboot and reinstall.
here is the download http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.9.4/LORRegistryWipe.exe

If that does not work, then please post some more info about your computer
operating system:
32 0r 64 bit:
service pack level:
ram:
Hard drive size:
free space on hard drive:
is User Access Control on or off?:

I am also having a similar issue with the sequence editor. It starts up fine, go to open a file set all the options that I want no. of channels, timings ect. and it trys to load and pops up with the program has stopped working and will now close screen. I tried the reg wipe that you were talking about no help still same problem......Help

I had to go in to the system settings and change the permissions for LOR sequence editor to modify files. I don't remeber exactly which one it was but It wasn't difficult. I clicked on the help message when windows shut down LOR and it walked me through the setting changes.

ngoodart wrote:

I had to go in to the system settings and change the permissions for LOR sequence editor to modify files. I don't remeber exactly which one it was but It wasn't difficult. I clicked on the help message when windows shut down LOR and it walked me through the setting changes.

That's good to know. I'm currently using WIN XP, I'm in the market for a laptop and I know all computers now come with WIN 7. So if I run into any problems like you mentioned, I'll know what to do.

Thanks,

MikeH