Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when I import channel grit

Frank Rossi

I get the following error message when I import a channel grit. I have never had this problem before also I have not updated the software since August of last year. Should I, and if so were are the downloads?

the error message

Invalid procedure call or argument

It sounds to me like something is misinstalled. This might be part of LOR itself, but it might also be an underlying piece of Windows that LOR uses.

The first thing that I would try would be to uninstall and then reinstall. You might want to take this opportunity to install the latest version (2.9.4) rather than whatever old version you currently have installed.

Note: Some people, when installing, first install some old version (such as LOR 1.6.3 or LOR 2.3.6), and only then install the real version that they actually want (such as 2.9.4). This is not necessary. It shouldn't hurt to do it, but it definitely can't help, so it is not recommended. It is better to keep things as simple as possible (especially in instances when you are having some sort of misinstallation problem).

So, after uninstalling, just install the version that you actually want. Do not install any previous version first.