Light-O-Rama Forums

Wanna Be On TV?

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Found this earlier today...

Is Halloween the most important holiday of the year for you? Do you spend a days, weeks, even months turning your house into the scariest place on the block? Then you could be a part of an HGTV Halloween special!

We're searching the country for home decorators, designers and pumpkin carvers who go all-out and over-the-top getting their house, yard, pumpkin patch or corn maze ready for the scariest day of the year.

Does this sound like you or someone you know? If so we'd love to hear from you! Please send us an email to halloween@stvcasting.com. Be sure to include the following:

Your name, address and contact information (please include email address and cell phone number)
A brief description about yourself and why you love decorating for Halloween
Pictures and/or video of you and your Halloween decorations and creations

Wonder how many have e-mailed them?

I had thought it about after seeing your message, but decided not too.

Mainly because even though I'm still going all out for my Halloween display(and then Christmas), I doubt an 80 channel apartment display would interest them much.

I wouldn't say I go "all out", since this will only be my second year -- but I run a singing-pumpkins display. I'm guessing that isn't what they want, but its a family neighborhood...

Orville wrote:

Mainly because even though I'm still going all out for my Halloween display(and then Christmas), I doubt an 80 channel apartment display would interest them much.

Actually, the apartment could be a good pitch. Especially if you can stage some "drama" between you and the neighbors, or you and the apartment complex. Like your show shut down power to the whole building, or you have a legal battle with one of the neighbors over the show.

These usually aren't selected primarily for who has the biggest or best display, but who has the most sensational story with their display.

-klb- wrote:

Orville wrote:

Actually, the apartment could be a good pitch. Especially if you can stage some "drama" between you and the neighbors, or you and the apartment complex. Like your show shut down power to the whole building, or you have a legal battle with one of the neighbors over the show.

These usually aren't selected primarily for who has the biggest or best display, but who has the most sensational story with their display.

Everyone here is impatiently waiting for the October 1, 2011 display to be up and running, all the neighbors and management are all very excited about seeing what I will set up and have operational, so no drama here, not yet anyway.

Time will tell.

We shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

A few days ago, I sent in the required information and some pictures and a couple of my last year top Halloween videos. Load and behold, I got a call from the casting agency that was real interested and like my Halloween Light Show! :)

I would had been real excited about it but I was informed they were about to finish up with reviewing the audition demos and wanted to know if I could put together a quick demo and have it to them by Friday! (TODAY!)

At first, I thought I was up to the challenge to get it done, but when they sent me all the questionares and requirements for the video demo. HOLY CRAP! :shock:

It was about 14 pages of detailed questions and they wanted your video to be done a certain way with a lot of details.

I would had loved to had done it, but I needed at least a week to get it done correctly and not done in a day and a half!

Maybe next year! :)