Light-O-Rama Forums

Hanging singing pumpkin frames?

AndyK

So how does everyone mount their singing pumpkin frames to their house? I have a great spot over the garage for the frame, but really don’t want to drill holes into the siding if I don’t have to (but will if it comes down to it I guess). I have thought about flinging some rope over the peak of the house and tie it to cement blocks on the back side and hang the frame from the rope, but figure there has to be an easier way. Thanks!

AndyK wrote:

So how does everyone mount their singing pumpkin frames to their house? I have a great spot over the garage for the frame, but really don’t want to drill holes into the siding if I don’t have to (but will if it comes down to it I guess). I have thought about flinging some rope over the peak of the house and tie it to cement blocks on the back side and hang the frame from the rope, but figure there has to be an easier way. Thanks!
I plan on staking mine down in the front yard.

Good question, I was wanting to do the same thing only with a Candy cane Pinwheel. Frame is made out of 3/4" pvc with Plastic mesh inbetween. Any ideas?

I used a couple of 2 inch eye hooks screwed into the 2X4 rafters under the eves. Works great! Recommend drilling a pilot hole, it will make it easier to screw in the hooks.

I have an approx 7'x8' pumpkin face that I suspend one the house. I just used 1" eye hooks screwed into the rafters/eaves and used small chain. Works ok for me.