Light-O-Rama Forums

Some early tests...

SuperTonkers

These are some of the early tests for our animated jars in our new lab scene. Very excited of these. We are editing some media with floating severed heads and other fun things but thanks for taking a peek.

The Jars are way cool! How do you get that effect???More importantly, your Mega Wreath is AWESOME! I might have to do one of those for work this year!

D.T.

Great work on the jars. Looks like you are using a projector, nice effect! Love to see your floating heads too.

scubado wrote:

Those jars are very cool!:cool::cool::cool:
Do you plan to share how they were done?

Of course. I will do a detailed post with photos when i can find the time. Can't guarantee before Halloween :P but will try to get photos of the set up this year. Basically the Jars are protein powder formula jars I found and some large restaurant size mayo jars. They are a thinner white plastic and large. Inside I have a RGB LED spot light with 3-Pin DMX. That where you are getting the glowing color (pink, blue, orange, etc) For the heads set the inside color to lime greens and such. I also have them flicker slightly to synch with the video. The bubbles and things are front projected ( projector and mini led pocket projectors...awesome!) and are hidden inside and behind other set / prop pieces in our display. Basically an adaptation of the talking bust effect. Good projected media is the key to this effect.

R Weiland wrote:

Great work on the jars. Looks like you are using a projector, nice effect! Love to see your floating heads too.

Thanks! Yes I am indeed using mini pocket style projectors. Will certainly post some videos very soon!

• 1 month later...

A cheaper version may be to put one of those new spiral black lights inside the white container and leave them on....give a cool glowing effect.