Light-O-Rama Forums

new boards for icecle lights

Guest Don Gillespie

Guest Don Gillespie

I am trying out a new design for my icecle lights this year however the cup hooks I am currently using are not big enough to hold four sets of icecle lights white,red,green and blue what is everyone else using? here are some pics see if you can see any difference on my house.

Attached files 258186=14240-garage before 004.jpg

Thank you for bringing this up. I will be using 4 colors as well. I'm thinking now that my shingle clips are not going to be able to hold 4 sets of lights.
I like this idea

I used to have hooks on my gutters, but ice was a major problem for the lights. This year I plan to mount 1/2" conduit under the gutters and wire tie the lights to the conduit. Ice problem should be solved with this idea. This year I will have two colors, warm white incads and cool white leds.

Also like the look of your deck.

I zip tie the four strands together, then just hang one or two of the strands in the cup hooks. Works great for me.

Cup hooks are made in various sizes; I use 1/2 inch diameter for one or two strings and 1 inch diameter for more strings. Biggest I've seen and 1-1/4 inch diameter ones.

See: http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Brass-Plated-1-3-8-inch-Cup-Hooks-7-8-curve-/370291602312?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5637197388

Yes, nice deck.