Light-O-Rama Forums

short cuts

Guest guest

This is my first year doing a LOR display and so far everything I have seen is awesome (some of the displays are AMAZING). Does any one know where all of the keyboard short cuts are listed I looked on the WIKI and on LORs site and if they are there I just missed them. It currently takes me about 5-7 hours per song minute to program sequences and I am looking for anything to help speed this up. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

m gardner wrote:

This is my first year doing a LOR display and so far everything I have seen is awesome (some of the displays are AMAZING). Does any one know where all of the keyboard short cuts are listed I looked on the WIKI and on LORs site and if they are there I just missed them. It currently takes me about 5-7 hours per song minute to program sequences and I am looking for anything to help speed this up. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

Michael,

Use the control + "C" key to copy and the "V" key to paste. Use the toggle button when first getting you sequence started. Have the first 8 or so channels used for sorting out the sequence when building it. Get the beat of the song down on the first channel then go back and start on the other parts of the song you want to sequence out. Then choose whatever channels you want to use for what ever parts of the song you just sorted out on your first 8 sort channels.

And don't forget to save your work about every minute or so of the song your sequencing and back up everything to somewhere else each day just in case something happens to your original stuff.

Just a few tips.

Tom

I knew I forgot something.

Remember to use the scroll bar at the bottom of the sequence to click and drag to different parts of the sequence.

Also,make sure the "play range" under the "play" drop down menu in for "visible screen". This will keep you from starting at the beginning of the song every time you want to hit that play button.

Tom

Edit: spelling

I'm sure others have listed this in other threads, but this was from a post by tim fischer. I hadn't used the shortcuts before, but did this year and the time saved was substantial. Simply select the cells you want to change and then:

N = oN
F = oFF

D = fade Down
U = face Up

S = Shimmer
T = Twinkle

There may be others, but I didn't need/use them.

One other tip from me, I save my work about every 10 minutes and name each differently, with the date and time -- e.g.,
TOY SOLDIER - 2006-11-14 1430, and
TOY SOLDIER - 2006-11-15 0630

That gives me multiple versions to go back to in case I decided I don't like changes I made, and can easily retrieve any other design. When the song is final (or whenever I like) I also save a copy without the date/time and that's the name used in the LOR Show Editor. So I can keep making changes, maintain my multiple versions, but the Show Editor always looks for the (no date/no time) version to show.

Good luck to all ... my song #12 will be complete tonight and that's all I'm using this year. That's about 40 minutes of material, and I'll sequence it with some repetition to encourage people to move along after about 10 minutes to minimize traffic issues.

In the Sequence Editor, if you click the Help button and then the Search button... Search for shortcut You will get to a page/section entitled "Editing Sequences using the Keyboard" In that section there is a list of the shortcut keys and other tips on how to use the keyboard vs the mouse.

I think that using the keyboard is many times faster than using a mouse with almost all applications including LOR.

Dan

Thanks for the GREAT info. I do have one other newbie question I bought my boards back during the may sale is the firmware that came on them good enough or is there newer firmware???? I plan on using the scheduler on the MP3 show director card.

Thanks

Using Shortcut Keys is a HUGE time saver. I could not live without them.

In fact I always have the selection tool selected. I never have the fade up, fade down, twinkle, etc. tools selected.

With the Selection tool always selected, I just highlight the area I want to change and then use the shortcut keys.

• D = Fade Down F = Off G = Toggle I = Set Intensity N = On S = Shimmer T = Twinkle U = Fade Up

This way I never have to waste time changing tools. I always have one hand on the mouse and one on the keyboard.

I use a lot of patterns over and over and I find it a big time saver to put all my patterns in it's own sequence. I set many of them up so I can use multiple paste and they are seamless and smooth. Just Copy and Paste (using the shortcut keys of course).

Attached files 89247=5393-lor-patterns.jpg

Ya'll are killing me. I'm trying to pass the time at work by getting new ideas, being that this is my first year. Can't wait to get home and get back to work.

Again, thanks for all the great info keep it coming.