Light-O-Rama Forums

how to chase mini mega tree's

goduke21

I am building 8 mini mega tree's. They are 7 ft tall and each tree will have 4 channels of white and 4 channels of multi. I am going to mirror the strands so I can spin each color in circles just like a mega tree. My question is that I also want to do the traditional chase. I would like to keep all 4 channels on and chase the 8 tree's like a normal 8 mini tree scene. My problem is that when I turn on all 4 channels and then select the chase tool and drag down to the 8th tree then it wants to chase all the channels. I posted a pic of my channel layout. the first is a typical chase and the second is the way I want to chase my mini's. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to chase the tree's or am I going to have to go back to the old fashion way before the chase tool was invented.

Attached files 257252=14151-LOR.jpg

goduke21 wrote:

Here is a bigger pic of my channel config. It goes down to 8.4

This is where I would LOVE the editor to work more like Excel...where you could do a "Fill Series"...so if you highlighted your first 4 channels, then did the chase, the program would know that is the pattern you want to chase...

Best I think you can do is create one and then do a copy and paste...

or rearrange you channels so they are grouped by 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1...1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, etc

goduke21 wrote:

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to chase the tree's or am I going to have to go back to the old fashion way before the chase tool was invented.

I think copy-paste (and/or repeat) are your only real options until S3 is released. What you want to do is a perfect example of what channel groups can do.

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

goduke21 wrote:
Here is a bigger pic of my channel config. It goes down to 8.4

This is where I would LOVE the editor to work more like Excel...where you could do a "Fill Series"...so if you highlighted your first 4 channels, then did the chase, the program would know that is the pattern you want to chase...

Best I think you can do is create one and then do a copy and paste...

or rearrange you channels so they are grouped by 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1...1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2, etc

Ditto what Jim said this is how I do mine exactly, seems to work great, I have 7 mini trees and they are white and red so I rearrange the channels so I can chase them all in white and then again all in red

goduke21 wrote:

If I rearranged the channels that way then it would make it very hard to chase each tree in a circle like a mega tree.

Like George said, looks like the new groupings will help you (and all of us) out...

but that is the "future"...

Guest Don Gillespie

goduke21 wrote:

If I rearranged the channels that way then it would make it very hard to chase each tree in a circle like a mega tree.

As long as you have your trees numbered in the order you want them to fire you should be able to create the results you are looking for, if you lined them up in a straight line and numbered them 1 thru 7 it would be no different if they were in a circle, keep the same numbers and you will create the same effect of them spinning if this is what you are trying to do. :D

Don Gillespie wrote:

goduke21 wrote:

As long as you have your trees numbered in the order you want them to fire you should be able to create the results you are looking for, if you lined them up in a straight line and numbered them 1 thru 7 it would be no different if they were in a circle, keep the same numbers and you will create the same effect of them spinning if this is what you are trying to do. :)

LOL....

Don I think you are two for two today...

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum80/27359.html

Did you read the whole post?

I am going to mirror the strands so I can spin each color in circles just like a mega tree.

If he rearranged his channels so they are grouped by 1.1, 2.1, 3.1, 4.1...1.2, 2.2, 3.2, 4.2 he would not be able to use the Chase tool to "spin" tree one in one color (that would require his original set up of 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 being "contiguous" (a George word)..
:P

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

Don I think you are two for two today...

Did you read the whole post? Nope

:? guess I need help, sorry for interupting this thread I will back away very slowly never to come back to this thread ( one last thing copy and paste ) LOL that'll teach me to read every line :P

Don Gillespie wrote:

:? guess I need help, sorry for interupting this thread I will back away very slowly never to come back to this thread ( one last thing copy and paste ) LOL that'll teach me to read every line :P

I've been there...done that (LOTS of times) and will no doubt be there many more times...

but it's nice to know it's not just me!!!! :)

good to have such good company like yourself!!!

Guest Don Gillespie

jimswinder wrote:

I've been there...done that (LOTS of times) and will no doubt be there many more times...

but it's nice to know it's not just me!!!! :P

good to have such good company like yourself!!!

Can not believe I didn't read his whole post what a moron I am :)

But at least I am in great company hee hee :P