Light-O-Rama Forums

USING CTB-08D standalone question

Guest guest

I have never used LOR in standalone mode. I have an extra ctb-08D that I would like to download a chase sequence to (one channel on all other off type of chase). If I did this... would it in fact become a standaloene unit that continuously repeated my chase sequence?

Next question... if yes to above... If I provided power to this unit via a channel from another LOR... would this work?

Here is the scenario... I want to have a 6 channel chase controller perform its chase at certain times during my show (thus being triggered by an LOR channel).

Thanks

Jim

Jim Mullin wrote:

I have never used LOR in standalone mode. I have an extra ctb-08D that I would like to download a chase sequence to (one channel on all other off type of chase). If I did this... would it in fact become a standaloene unit that continuously repeated my chase sequence?

Next question... if yes to above... If I provided power to this unit via a channel from another LOR... would this work?

Here is the scenario... I want to have a 6 channel chase controller perform its chase at certain times during my show (thus being triggered by an LOR channel).

Thanks

Jim

Seems like it would work. We have not tried to power a unit from the channel on another unit but it should work.

Hey Dan,,,, Got it done last night... works great. Had a little help from Mr Womack... Thanks for the reply... Issue closed.... yes the controller can act as a standalone, and yes it can be fired up by another LOR channel