Light-O-Rama Forums

DC-MP3 firmware update

Guest guest

davidt wrote:

Probably operator error but I am constantly getting the Run Time Error 68 when I try to create a show, using HW version 1.5.8, causing the Hardware utility to abort.

Problem solved here... THe Hardware Utility was expecting to see a Floppy Disk (remember those old things) in Drive "A". I (just) managed to find an old one and once it found a disk it was happy to continue.

Now to test a show...

Regards,

davidt

Zac_Cutt wrote:

Tim,

I have the DCMP3 connected to the computer and nothing else.

I also have it hooked up to power, that is why I know it is not getting a signal, and the E light is flashing. I think it is my serial connector as I have tried several Cat5E cables...

Any chance I could hook it up through my internet port on my comp?

Zac

Zac
I know it can't be connected to the internet port unfortunately!

Let me try that on mine and see what happens.

I will get back to you soon.

Tim

imfsimm wrote:

Zac_Cutt wrote:
Tim,

I have the DCMP3 connected to the computer and nothing else.

I also have it hooked up to power, that is why I know it is not getting a signal, and the E light is flashing. I think it is my serial connector as I have tried several Cat5E cables...

Any chance I could hook it up through my internet port on my comp?

Zac

Zac
I know it can't be connected to the internet port unfortunately!

Let me try that on mine and see what happens.

I will get back to you soon.

Tim

I cant do this, my DC-MP3 is in the box and gets it power from the box. If I dissconect the wire to the board I loose power. I dont have an external power supply.

Do you have a controller there so you can check your connection?

Tim

Wow Tim...

I have never been so frustrated in my life. This will NOT work no matter what! I can't get it to connect. So I figure I will try it with my other computer, but when I copy the files (mp3 firm and hardware) They get branded read only. When I try to change it acess denied! So then I try to copy it to a floppy and it can't format the floppy!

I will try it with a controller but I dont think that will help as it just will not connect to the computer.

Zac

Zac_Cutt wrote:

Wow Tim...

I have never been so frustrated in my life. This will NOT work no matter what! I can't get it to connect. So I figure I will try it with my other computer, but when I copy the files (mp3 firm and hardware) They get branded read only. When I try to change it acess denied! So then I try to copy it to a floppy and it can't format the floppy!

I will try it with a controller but I dont think that will help as it just will not connect to the computer.

Zac

Since its the only thing on the chain, you dont have to use the refresh button. One thing I noticed in the instruction pg 12 to set the clock, it say's just click on the LOR MP3 tab you will see the following window. Look in the bottom left hand corner does it say MP3 connected? Make sure no card is in the reader.

Tim

Thanks to Tim for all the help on the phone!

A couple really important question I have, How long will the battery run the internal clock for? Can I just pullpower from it and transport it to the site with no problems? Or do I need to keep power to it at all times?

Also, when trying to set the MP3 players card, I get an error:

MP3 director card did not respond to 'set time' command.

How do I get around this?

Zac

A couple really important question I have, How long will the battery run the internal clock for? Can I just pullpower from it and transport it to the site with no problems? Or do I need to keep power to it at all times?

See page 6 of the updated manual.

Bill Jr. wrote:

So I should use the DC-MP3 firmware for the LOR1602MP3 Controller?

The LOR support website says the 1602MP3 uses the firmware for the DC-MP3 and the CTB16D. So the answer is yes.

Please be sure you have Hardware Utility version 1.5.9 or later (available on the support page) -- There is a problem with show creation in earlier versions.

The DC-MP3 manual has also been updated. Current version is 1.01.

The "Runtime error '68':" is caused by the runtime's inabillity to catch attempts to look at drives without media in them on some systems. We will change the HWU to not try and find the SD drive. You will have to select it yourself.

When I am updating the firmware tonite - do I remove the jumper between the LOR1602 & DC-MP3 and hook the cat5 directly into the DC-MP3 card?

I have the LOR1602MP3 - that supplies the power once I remove the jumper? - Right?

I will be using the USB485B to tie into this.

Bill Jr.

Bill Jr. wrote:

When I am updating the firmware tonite - do I remove the jumper between the LOR1602 & DC-MP3 and hook the cat5 directly into the DC-MP3 card?

I have the LOR1602MP3 - that supplies the power once I remove the jumper? - Right?

I will be using the USB485B to tie into this.

Leave the DC-MP3 connected to the CTB-16D board in your LOR1602MP3.

Take out the SD card and power up the LOR1602MP3.

Connect a Cat5 cable from one of the DC-MP3's RJ45 jacks (or the controller board's RJ45 jacks) to your PC's RS485 adapter. (Works with any RS485 adapter: SC485, USB485 & USB485B)

Follow the procedure in the DC-MP3 user's manual to update the DC-MP3 firmware.

Thanks John!

Would Light-o-rama recommend leaving power on to the controllers at all times?

I have (5) controllers (LOR1602's) and I can leave them powered all season - Would that become a risk to the boards and/or people? I tape all of my cords but I cancel the shows when it rains out.

What I'm getting at - there is an internal clock I could set - would that be more beneficial than programming it on the sd card?

I'm assuming I could schedule the show, load it onto the sd card and just insert the card and leave it until say 6:00 pm (example)?

Bill Jr.

Bill Jr. wrote:

Thanks John!

Would Light-o-rama recommend leaving power on to the controllers at all times?

I have (5) controllers (LOR1602's) and I can leave them powered all season - Would that become a risk to the boards and/or people? I tape all of my cords but I cancel the shows when it rains out.

What I'm getting at - there is an internal clock I could set - would that be more beneficial than programming it on the sd card?

I'm assuming I could schedule the show, load it onto the sd card and just insert the card and leave it until say 6:00 pm (example)?

Bill Jr.

I would just keep everything powered up all the time.