Light-O-Rama Forums

Skull Spider Lights at Big Lots

rodman1369

Just got back from Big Lots here in Austin, Tx with a couple lights. They had a couple more styles such as a spiderweb and something else. $6 each.

Attached files 256166=14071-Skull Light.jpg

rodman1369 wrote:

Just got back from Big Lots here in Austin, Tx with a couple lights. They had a couple more styles such as a spiderweb and something else. $6 each.

Spider Light

Attached files 256167=14072-Spider Light.jpg

rodman1369 wrote:

Dang, they sold those for $15/each in my area last year. I paid $30.00 for the two wire frames I got! If they are only $6.00 at the Big Lots in my area, I'll be picking up a few more for future use and modification!

rodman1369 wrote:

rodman1369 wrote:

Spider Light

Must be new for this year! I didn't see any of those last year when I purchased my BOO, Bat and 2 Skull Wireframe lights from them. Going to have to take a trip to Big Lots Friday when the money hits the bank!

Thanks for the heads up! Just hope I can find the spider! I need one of those, maybe two!

WOW! They already got Halloween stuff out! I am going to have to go across town to see if our Big Lots has started putting stuff out!:dude:

Dan C wrote:

The skull looks pretty cool. but honeslty I have a hard time seeing the spider shape. Maybe its just me.

Tried lightening his photo up so you can see the Spider shape itself. Hope this helps.

I definitely want to get one, two, maybe even more of these! Look pretty cool.

Attached files 256197=14076-Lightened Spider Light.jpg

Tracy West wrote:

WOW! They already got Halloween stuff out! I am going to have to go across town to see if our Big Lots has started putting stuff out!:dude:

Big Lots usually does start putting their Halloween items out as they start coming in, which is usually the first week, sometimes not until the 2nd week of August. So far, they are still holding true to putting them out the first part of August! Can't wait til some money hits the bank Friday so I can go shopping for some Halloween goodies too!

Orville wrote:

Dan C wrote:
The skull looks pretty cool. but honeslty I have a hard time seeing the spider shape. Maybe its just me.

Tried lightening his photo up so you can see the Spider shape itself.  Hope this helps.

I definitely want to get one, two, maybe even more of these!  Look pretty cool.

Ok, that helps a little. now I can make out the shape. thanks.

Dan C wrote:

Orville wrote:
Dan C wrote:

Try this...not as Scary! :D

Attached files 256212=14077-Spider1.jpg

rodman1369 wrote:

Dan C wrote:
Orville wrote:
Dan C wrote:

Try this...not as Scary! :D

Definitely much better! Thanks!

Now I'm thinking (when I get one or more) how I can attach a motor to it/them and have them go up and down slowly using a LOR channel only for controlling the lights on it. Motors would run continuously.

Dang, now another project to get done before Halloween!:shock:

Definitely much better!   Thanks!

Now I'm thinking (when I get one or more) how I can attach a motor to it/them and have them go up and down slowly using a LOR channel only for controlling the lights on it.  Motors would run continuously.

Dang, now another project to get done before Halloween!:shock:
--------------------------------------------------------

Exactly! I surgically recovered a multitude of animated lighted motors from deer I have "retired" to standing out in some small woods behind my house (after the lights went out). These motors turn 360 and can handle a light load...such as cavorting spiders/skulls...etc.
:cool: But Alas...only for me and my friends...still probably no trick-or-treaters here...but you never know!!!

Well went to Big Lots today in Casselberry, Fl. They have some stuff out, not much and none of the Wire Frames yet, like the skulls. But I did get a couple of those neat spiders and since they are a plastic molding, very light-weight.

I may try to remove the incandescent strings (35 lights) and see if I can't fit the Purple LED strings(also 35 lights) I have in their place.

I picked up a couple of the strands of flickering lights at Big Lots yesterday. I recommend them, too. I'll try to post a video soon.

LORi P wrote:

I picked up a couple of the strands of flickering lights at Big Lots yesterday. I recommend them, too. I'll try to post a video soon.

I use LOR for creating my own custom flickering effect, you can see a video of it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYM2CZJEXtA&hl=en&fs=1

I created this in 2010 because I didn't want to just use a flicker bulb, mainly flicker bulbs just don't put out enough light and with LOR, I can control the intensity of each C7 bulb and how it appears to flicker.

You can also download the "ANIMATION" sequence here that show how this effect is done as seen in the above video, it was the sequence used to make the above video:

Attached files Flickering Jack-O-Lanterns.las

Thanks for the heads up. Just went to Big Lots and found they had the spider, skull and pumpkin. This is my first year doing LOR so these should work great.