Light-O-Rama Forums

lor

Guest guest

Hi might be a silly question but does a music program come with the showtime and hobbyist products from light o rama? and do I have to provide an mp3 player for the product? and how many songs can i program to the lor? i am from the uk and we do not have computer controlled kits so do not know much about lor.

fairylights836 wrote:

Hi might be a silly question but does a music program come with the showtime and hobbyist products from light o rama? and do I have to provide an mp3 player for the product? and how many songs can i program to the lor? i am from the uk and we do not have computer controlled kits so do not know much about lor.

As long as you're going to be using the computer to control the lights, you don't need any other player for your music. It's built into LOR. How many songs can you program ? I don't know, how many CAN you program ? :smile: I don't know that there is a limit on how many songs that you can put into a show. Since it takes some serious time to program a song (about 3 hours per minute of music for my 64 channels) I don't think that you'll have a problem with too many songs for the show editor.

D.T.

How I do it:

I ripped Music off of my christmas CDs, and used the LOR sequence editor to make my sequences.
When I run the show, I use the sound card output of my computer and connect it to an FM transmitter. You can just use amplified speakers if you want.
You can have as many songs as you want when using the computer to control the lights.
I have never tried "stand alone" mode.

Hopefully this helps.

fairylights836 wrote:

You need to provide your own music, in MP3 format or WAV format.

The LOR controller unit plugs into your computer, which then plays the music and controls your lights.

From the computer you'll either need to hook up speakers to listen to the music or an FM transmitter so you can listen on your radio and spectators can listen while in the confort of their automobile.

As pointed out, sequencing lights to music (which you have to program yourself using software from LOR) is very time consuming. Some people have provided their scripts for others to use, you still need to provide the music, plus you need to rearrange your light channels--so this is still not a complete plug-and-play option.

Let us know if you have any more questions.