Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Trees

caniac

as much as I would like to take credit for this, I got this idea/help here (from jimswinder I think).

100_6845.jpg

100_6844.jpg

jimswinder wrote:

hmmm...don't recognize the "technique"...

how exactly did you wrap them?
did the spines first and then started from the bottom and wrapped upwards. I remember having issues with version 1.0 and 2.0.

caniac wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
hmmm...don't recognize the "technique"...

how exactly did you wrap them?
did the spines first and then started from the bottom and wrapped upwards. I remember having issues with version 1.0 and 2.0.

oh yeah... I remember those posts now...

How do those look in the dark? I've always found those to be pretty directional. The greens seem to be the worst - they have almost a "pea-green" color when viewed from the side.

I think the peaness detracts from the color of the surrounding LEDs.

ChuckHutchings wrote:

How do those look in the dark? I've always found those to be pretty directional. The greens seem to be the worst - they have almost a "pea-green" color when viewed from the side.

+5000

ChuckHutchings wrote:

They actually look pretty good, those are the "wide angle" ones. Version 3.0 only had 100 lights and didn't look full but adding the second strand cured that.

magish01 wrote:

Which lights do you prefer...the wide angle 5mm or the m5 or m6 lights?
m5 but the 5mm will work fine for this prop.

Here`s a mini tree i put together today.100 green,100 red,100 blue mits c6 led lights.Cell phone pic...so not the best for color It also is not dark...just shade.Single tomato cage wrapped with chicken wire.

IMAG0039.jpg

wallleyes wrote:

Here`s a mini tree i put together today.100 green,100 red,100 blue mits c6 led lights.Cell phone pic...so not the best for color It also is not dark...just shade.Single tomato cage wrapped with chicken wire.

IMAG0039.jpg
Looks great!! the purpose behind using two tomato cages is to give a more rounded effect but that can also be accomplished your way, just a matter of preference.

I love those C6 bulbs. Here is my final version using M5. 140ea of white, blue, green, and red.

Attached files 255253=14003-Final Tree1.jpg