Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Window projections

toddmoon

I have been using Virtual Santa in my window for several years now with great feed back from those who have watched it over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkoFcXeGN0c watch video in window

where you can purchase the video

I am now also looking for additional content to add to my show and I am looking for ideas, suggestions and input.

Information on who or where I can purchase the video is also very helpful.

If I can get pictures of kids sitting on Santas' lap from people in the surrounding neighborhood and community, I was going to do a slideshow/video of the pictures sequenced to Josh Grobins "Believe"...

jimswinder wrote:

If I can get pictures of kids sitting on Santas' lap from people in the surrounding neighborhood and community
I will have to work on that. We do a Tree For All event each year with Santa Clause and I am in charge of the fireworks show so I will have to see if I can get someone to take some pictures for me and incorporate it into my show.

jimswinder wrote:

If I can get pictures of kids sitting on Santas' lap from people in the surrounding neighborhood and community, I was going to do a slideshow/video of the pictures sequenced to Josh Grobins "Believe"...

Jim, you could go one further, and get them to video some of the kids reactions while sitting on Santa's lap, and incorporate that video in your display...

Given the litiginous society we live in I would suggest getting permission from each of the parents involved, whether it be for inclusion of their children via still photos, or videos, just to cover yourself, because you never know how some folks might react...

Greg

• 2 months later...

I purchased a V Santa this year for the first time and I'm surprised at how nice and realistic it looks.

toddmoon wrote:

I am not familar with V Santa. Do you have a web link or more info on V Santa?

do a Google search on Virtual Santa...

jimswinder wrote:

toddmoon wrote:
I am not familiar with V Santa. Do you have a web link or more info on V Santa?

do a Google search on Virtual Santa...

Ok, thought it was something else. Virtual Santa I have. I got ahead of myself hoping that their was something else out their that I did not have.

I have not been able to find a lot of material that I really like for my Halloween setup so I am making my own videos this year for my Halloween setup.

toddmoon wrote:

I am not familar with V Santa. Do you have a web link or more info on V Santa?

I got mine last year from Darryl at Christmaslightshow.com good customer service, quick shipping

@toddmoon, If you are looking for Halloween projections, have you seen www.hallowindow.com? They're really good.

-=CoasterBP

coasterbp wrote:

@toddmoon, If you are looking for Halloween projections, have you seen http://www.hallowindow.com? They're really good.

-=CoasterBP

Thanks for the info. I actually have a couple of their videos. I am going for a zombie theme this year and their is just not a lot of video material out their for a window projection.

Since I design and create most of my own props anyway it only seems logical to create my own window projections that are better suited to what I want anyway. With all of the various programs available now to create and edit video it really is not the hard to do. I am going to experiment with some Halloween material.

Next year I may try and create my own Christmas projection to supplement the Virtual Santa that I have since I get so much positive feed back on it now. I am seriously thinking about getting a Santa Suite this year and at the right moment pause the projection and then go out and hand out candy canes on Christmas Eve to the onlookers.

• The topic was locked