Light-O-Rama Forums

shows with animation and musical sequences

Guest guest

Here is my situation. I currently have about 8-10 different animations using 51 channels. These animations are not synched to music and I don't want them to be as this would be a distraction for my overal display. I do however currently have a playlist in Windows Media player that cycles through about 30 different songs. I would really like to animate the lights to 1 or 2 of the songs on my playlist. I can create musical sequences and use show editor to play all my current song list, with and without animations. Playing musical sequences without any animation along with my current animation sequences is fine as long as none of the songs actually have any animation. The problem arises when one of the songs actually has animation. I don't think there is anyway to pause the animation sequences while a musical sequence is running. This won't work for me as both the musical and animation sequences control the same 51 channels. Any ideas?

dkuntz wrote:

Here is my situation. I currently have about 8-10 different animations using 51 channels. These animations are not synched to music and I don't want them to be as this would be a distraction for my overal display. I do however currently have a playlist in Windows Media player that cycles through about 30 different songs. I would really like to animate the lights to 1 or 2 of the songs on my playlist. I can create musical sequences and use show editor to play all my current song list, with and without animations. Playing musical sequences without any animation along with my current animation sequences is fine as long as none of the songs actually have any animation. The problem arises when one of the songs actually has animation. I don't think there is anyway to pause the animation sequences while a musical sequence is running. This won't work for me as both the musical and animation sequences control the same 51 channels. Any ideas?

I've been outside all day, and I'm tired, so I will admit to not re-reading your post a second time.

Keep in mind that the musical tab can play both animation and musical sequences. You could put everything into that tab, and run it from the musical tab.

I didn't realize that but it still doesn't solve my issue. There would be no lights for the songs I don't animate. The only way still to make it work would be to play the non-animated songs in a loop in Media Player and somehow pause Media Player when LOR plays a musical sequence. I don't think there is any practical way to do this.

Okay ..

You could create a musical sequence for the 30 songs that you have in your playlist. Now, just because you created a musical sequence, doesn't mean you have to synchronize the lights to music. You could simply have the lights 'on' in the sequence. Then, if you have some songs that you want to synchronize the lights to, simply program those songs accordingly.