Light-O-Rama Forums

making equal timings with tapper

MikeA

I am sequencing a song that has about 3 different tempo's so I am using tapper wizard.
It inserts a timing for each tap but then there is a long timing in between each tap. I want a timing at each tap but I want 3 other equal timings for a total of 4 timings (1 for the tap, then 3 others)

How can this be done?

After your single taps are done you can go back and right click between them and select add muliple timings..If you want three equally spaced timing marks choose 2 and there you go.

that's what I have done....takes a long time for a whole song

I was hoping I was missing a setting or something

you can also choose to use the "Beat Wizard" and choose the times of the song you want to use it.

For example , if the beat/tempo is the same from 0:00 to 1:23 set the beat wizard for those times...

then again for 1:23 to 1:59 for the second beat/tempo change...

then again where it changes the beat/tempo for the third time.

If you want to subdivide between each tap always to be 3;

Select the whole song from start to finish
then subdivide the timings

The command will subdivide between each selected timing.

The only reason to subdivide between each timing would be if you want some to be 2 and others to be 3 (or what ever number you want).

I hope I understood what you are trying to do. That is not always the case when you have "old timers" as I do.

jimswinder wrote:

you can also choose to use the "Beat Wizard" and choose the times of the song you want to use it.

For example , if the beat/tempo is the same from 0:00 to 1:23 set the beat wizard for those times...

then again for 1:23 to 1:59 for the second beat/tempo change...

then again where it changes the beat/tempo for the third time.

Yes, that can work too. Just trying to think of a new, better way.