Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowman Mouth vs Pumpkin Mouth

jimswinder

ItsMeBobO is working on a FANTASTIC program for doing mouth movements

(See thread link and pic below)

...but it is based on a Pumpkin Mouth...

so was wondering if anyone has done a "Talking Snowman" so I could get comparable mouth shapes for the Snowmen I am BOUND and DETERMINED to make this year!!! LOL

Voice Sync Thread:

http://forums.lightorama.com/view_topic.php?id=26663:

Attached files 252572=13747-MouthCompare.jpg

Ponddude wrote:

I have a talking snowman that is servo controlled. Can that help you?

I would imagine then that the mouth just opens and shuts?

I was hoping for specific mouth shapes (about 4 or 5)...and without Frosty's head falling off!!! :D

http://vimeo.com/8663294

jimswinder wrote:

Thanks for the compliment Jim. The program is finished unless someone has a need for a new feature. No one has posted any work they have done with it so I am thinking its been hard to learn Pagagayo.

Hijack.. If anyone wants to hire me to do the mouth sync only of a song please PM me. Reasonable rates as long as you really really want the song and cant mouth sync it your self. Can also convert your LOR animation into pictures which can be used in Papagayo.

Sadly my wife has been reading Dave Ramsey. That means if I want to buy CCBs .. I've got to earn an extra $600 selling something.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
Thanks for the compliment Jim. The program is finished unless someone has a need for a new feature. No one has posted any work they have done with it so I am thinking its been hard to learn Pagagayo.

Sadly...my talking Snowmen are VERY low on my Priority list, so I have not done much to get them done...but am trying to get a design done and figured it HAS to center around the mouth...

jimswinder wrote:

ItsMeBobO wrote:
jimswinder wrote:

Sadly...my talking Snowmen are VERY low on my Priority list, so I have not done much to get them done...but am trying to get a design done and figured it HAS to center around the mouth...

Maybe you need a sync'd song to be your inspiration Jim? If you hire me for custom mouth sync you will be one song up when the project is ready!

Rates are still under consideration. But here is what I am thinking. Reminder this is just the mouth. You do the other channels.
Getting the animations set up. $20 one time for a config for one mouth. Plus $5 for each mouth over 1. No charge for HolidayCoro Quartet which is done.
Setting up the song in Papagayo requires some work even without knowing the number of words. $6 per song minute setup.
If I have to track down the lyrics or type them then $15.
No lyrics charge if you provide the words for each mouth in a separate text file. Voices can not interlaced and must have all the chorus repeats.
Surprisingly the songs I have been doing have a lot of words per second. 1-3 per second! Born in the USA (very slow) has 244 words in 4:40 so that is about 1 word a second.
4 cents a word would be $10 for the words.. Which comes to $38.50 if you provide the words. So a song is $30 to $60 depending on length and word count plus one time config set up.

Here is a video sample. This sequence belongs to HC.
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2011/ParadiseBobOFull.wmv

ItsMeBobO wrote:

Maybe you need a sync'd song to be your inspiration Jim? If you hire me for custom mouth sync you will be one song up when the project is ready!

Rates are still under consideration. But here is what I am thinking. Reminder this is just the mouth. You do the other channels.
Getting the animations set up. $20 one time for a config for one mouth. Plus $5 for each mouth over 1. No charge for HolidayCoro Quartet which is done.
Setting up the song in Papagayo requires some work even without knowing the number of words. $6 per song minute setup.
If I have to track down the lyrics or type them then $15.
No lyrics charge if you provide the words for each mouth in a separate text file. Voices can not interlaced and must have all the chorus repeats.
Surprisingly the songs I have been doing have a lot of words per second. 1-3 per second! Born in the USA (very slow) has 244 words in 4:40 so that is about 1 word a second.
4 cents a word would be $10 for the words.. Which comes to $38.50 if you provide the words. So a song is $30 to $60 depending on length and word count plus one time config set up.

Here is a video sample. This sequence belongs to HC.
http://itsmebob.com/Christmas/2011/ParadiseBobOFull.wmv

actually...my talking snowmen will being doing just that...

talking about the display and other things...

no singing...yet...

I have made 4 mouths for my Singing Snowman : you can watch the result here :

• 10 months later...

I just finished my first sequencing using the Papagayo and Bob software.

It was a little frustrating learning, but it wasn't hard. Basically just time consuming. So regarding that, $60-$75 for sequencing a song is really cheap. I probably spent at least 6 hours just for the faces sequencing, which comes out to $10/hr. I would gladly pay that, especially to support Bob. Much thanks to Bob for expanding on Papagayo!

• The topic was locked