Light-O-Rama Forums

4th of July shows

ToddH

Here's a link to my 4th of july show also done on the 3rd here in Tampa Fla. :P hey now...they are still lights :P Enjoy

- as seen from the front of the house

- as seen from the back...firing zone.

Todd

:D 33 views an not one reply....thought this was pretty decent being my 1st time having something at that scale and fusing everything together... /sad panda

had over 60 people at my house this year, up from 45 last year.

Sorry, Todd. But I watched (and burned) so many fireworks with the grandkids over the weekend that they now seem boring to me. It looks like a fine display of pyrotechnics. Perhaps I'll catch it again in a few months when I am (hopefully) recuperated. Thanks for posting the vids. (BTW: Nice pool!)

Thanks for the response :D and I hear ya Cray lol, i was just excited that this was my 1st time and all the sectons went off perfectly but for a few that got wet from the board bouncing which got the fuse wet so they didn't go off in seq.

Now if i can just get the damn seq down for the lor :D im planning on getting 1 controler this year, was going to get 2 but spent that part of the budget on the pyro :)

ToddH wrote:

Thanks for the response :D and I hear ya Cray lol, i was just excited that this was my 1st time and all the sections went off perfectly but for a few that got wet from the board bouncing which got the fuse wet so they didn't go off in seq.

Now if i can just get the damn seq down for the lor :D im planning on getting 1 controler this year, was going to get 2 but spent that part of the budget on the pyro :)
if you are creative enough in your layout you can make one controller look like several. I like to call it "creative daisy chaining" or "Polish LOR"!! And before someone flames me, yes I am polish.

andyzito wrote:

Todd, looks great. I didn't get into the pyro all that much this year, had to save something for next year! Did you fire the pyro with an LOR system?

Thanks Andy, and no I did not fire it with a lor system...but now that you mention it I wonder if that can be set up to have it computer controled so you can sequence the ingition and use electrical match.... hmmmm

I had on one board 3 sections they were all fused together with safty fuse so had a 10-15 sec delay between cakes.

caniac wrote:

if you are creative enough in your layout you can make one controller look like several. I like to call it "creative daisy chaining" or "Polish LOR"!! And before someone flames me, yes I am polish.

hmm i am def open to ideas...oh one thing I should point out, the lor controler would be used for halloween, so have been messing around with cad desgin and using the aall might Cracker idea for singing faces...but not sure how much can be done with only one controler... I am def open to suggestions and ideas as well as the best/inexpensive place for supplies. I been a lerker on here for a while...took the pyro in me to break the ice i guess.

ToddH wrote:

caniac wrote:

hmm i am def open to ideas...oh one thing I should point out, the lor controler would be used for halloween, so have been messing around with cad desgin and using the aall might Cracker idea for singing faces...but not sure how much can be done with only one controler... I am def open to suggestions and ideas as well as the best/inexpensive place for supplies. I been a lerker on here for a while...took the pyro in me to break the ice i guess.
Cracker's faces are 7 channels per face so once controller won't do if you want to do 4 of them. But one face and some of the other effects are doable. The frame is 3/4 PVC frame and cattle wire, both inexpensive items. The only sort of expensive items are the rope lights.

ToddH wrote:

andyzito wrote:
Todd, looks great. I didn't get into the pyro all that much this year, had to save something for next year! Did you fire the pyro with an LOR system?

Thanks Andy, and no I did not fire it with a lor system...but now that you mention it I wonder if that can be set up to have it computer controled so you can sequence the ingition and use electrical match.... hmmmm

You might want to look at this thread

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum76/26880.html

This question comes up almost every year around this time

Nice pyro work (I replied here and and youtube also)

You seemed so sad not to have answers... :-)))

miaskiewicz christian wrote:

Nice pyro work (I replied here and and youtube also)

You seemed so sad not to have answers... :-)))

lol :) I was a sad panda!! I was so excited when I lit it all never having done it before to that extent so yes, i was sad when no one responded ;) So thank you thank you for taking the time to reply! I do appreciate it. Just like the reason most of us do LOR, and why im about to dive into another $$$ addiction, is because of the ohhs and aahhhs.

JBullard wrote:

ToddH wrote:
andyzito wrote:

You might want to look at this thread

http://forums.lightorama.com/forum76/26880.html

This question comes up almost every year around this time

Thanks for the concern. I have not seen the boards on the LOR in person yet so I can't really comment, but I have built electrical firing systems before and the only thing that would need to be adjusted mainly on the lor system would be to remove the 120v power supply and build a supply that would use a few 9v batterys, all thats needed is such a small current to light the electrical match, but will see. I might just build a nail board with a car battery and aligator clips, cheap and effective :)

caniac wrote:

ToddH wrote:
caniac wrote:

Cracker's faces are 7 channels per face so once controller won't do if you want to do 4 of them. But one face and some of the other effects are doable. The frame is 3/4 PVC frame and cattle wire, both inexpensive items. The only sort of expensive items are the rope lights.

Thanks, yeah I would only be building one face for my 1st time around until I can get all the sequencing down...don't want to get to overwhelmed so baby steps. I was thinking of getting the rope light from either:

http://www.actionlighting.com - mainly cause it cuts every 18inches which I would think gives more room to make bends and adjustments.

or

http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/rope-light/