Light-O-Rama Forums

superstar

Scott Keon

srwmemphis wrote:

Ok  This is starting to make since to my little pea brain.

I inserted my 10 ccr devices and then degrouped. When I look at them in the channel configuration I see channels 1-157 for each ccr. That makes sence to me.

When I export from SSL and look at the chanel configuration I get two copies of each channel for every ccr but one copy is layed out as individual channels and the other is set up as RGB.  I assume by what you are telling me that you do not need both or am I way off base?

I'm still learning the best way to do things also. I played around with this, and it turns out you do not need to 'Degroup' the CCR channels. And as you say, the exported CCR sequences have the channels all degrouped at the top as non-rgb channels, and then at the bottom the same information is repeated as RGB channels. You can ignore the RGB channels, I threw that in because it looks so pretty, but it is a repeat of the same info, you don't need to copy it.
So in summary, this is the easiest way I found:

1) In your main sequence, right click on whereever you want to insert you CCR and select "Insert Device" and insert a Cosmic Color Device. Do this for as many CCRs as you have.
2) In the exported CCR sequence, select all of the top non-rgb channel section (the section that does not have all the pretty colors). Click on the copy button.
3) Select the top left pixel of your CCR rows in your main sequence (they can be grouped or degrouped it does not matter)
4) Press the Paste button

I admit this is cumbersome to do. What I should do is have the exported files make the CCR rows grouped and then it would be much easier to copy them.

Note also, that the recommended way to get the exported CCR sequence into your main sequence is to play it as a subsequence. The following is detailed steps on how you do that:
Launch the Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor
Open your main sequence (The one that you already had before you ever even heard of SuperStar)
Right click on the first channel button at the top of your sequence.
In the popup menu, select “Insert Channels”, then select “Insert Channel Above”
Right click on the “New Channel” button that you just inserted
In the popup menu, select “Change Channel Settings”
The “Channel Settings” dialog box appears.
Change the name of the button to something like “SuperStar”
In the “Device Type” drop down, select “Sequence”
On the “Sequence” line near the bottom of the dialog box click on the “…” button
The “Open” dialog box will appear
Select the file that you exported. In this example, the exported file name was “MyAwesomeSequence.sup.lms”
Click on the “Open” button
Click on the “Ok” button in the “Channel Settings” dialog box
YOU ARE NOT DONE YET!
The sub-sequence will be played only while the grid boxes for this channel are “on”.
So you want to set the little grid boxes to “On” for the entire row all the way to the end of the sequence.
To do this, select one of the boxes on the row, Click on the Edit menu, hover the mouse over “Select”, a flyout menu appears, on the flyout menu click on “Row(s)”, right click on one of the boxes in the row and select “On” to turn the entire row “On”.
Now when you play your sequence, the subsequence will be played at the same time. You of course want the main sequence and subsequence to not try and control the same lights or the results will be unpredictable.

Scott Keon wrote:

will superstar do anything for shows without RGB leds. currently I use only regular incandescence and leds. some props are 3 or 4 color.

In the past, SuperStar only did CCRs. But in the S3 release you can import a visualization file from the S3 visualizer and then you can use SuperStar to sequence all of your lights, CCR, RGB, and non-RGB.

Brian, I just upgraded to 3.0 and purchased the license for SuperStar. I need to know how to (or where to find) info on how to create sequenses for regular ligths (mini's, c9, etc). I do not have CCR's at this time. I also am learning how to set up my lights on LOR Visualizer. Will I be able to use the Visualizer with SuperStar or can I use the Animator in LOR Sequence Editor v3.0? Please help! :shock: I'm going nuts trying to learn all these new stuff before Christmas...

DeniseN wrote:

Brian, I just upgraded to 3.0 and purchased the license for SuperStar. I need to know how to (or where to find) info on how to create sequenses for regular ligths (mini's, c9, etc). I do not have CCR's at this time. I also am learning how to set up my lights on LOR Visualizer. Will I be able to use the Visualizer with SuperStar or can I use the Animator in LOR Sequence Editor v3.0? Please help! :shock: I'm going nuts trying to learn all these new stuff before Christmas...

Once you have your Visualizer file created, you can use it in Superstar.

Start Superstar then FILE>Import Visualization and then find your .LEE file from the visualizer.

You do have 3 options to pick from and would try both #2 & #3 and see which one you like.

You are done.

To change between the two you will have to do another Import Visualization.