Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with start up

polishdj

Hello,
I am new to the LOR and I just received my 1602. I hooked it up to test and I got a quick blip of lights on all 16 circuits and now no lights at all. I have tried everything I can think of and read about.
Fuses are ok.
I rebooted.
reinstalled.
reconnected.
etc. etc. etc.
Signal from laptop is connectng.
Seem no power going to the channels.
It will play a sequence, but just no power to the channels. 'Yes I have a solid red LED.
Any suggestions?

Are the channels in the sequence editor assigned to the same ID as the controller?

Is the "control lights" checked to ON in the sequence editor?

I am testing with the hardware utility, but after I read your reply (very quick by the way thanks) I tried a sequence through sequence editor and stll nothing.
:D

When you test via the Hardware Utility, do the channels on the controller respond correctly?

A quick blip of the lights if they are connected when you plug the controller in is normal. This is the time it takes for the electronics to power up and settle.

In the hardware utility. On the upper right side. Do the auto configure to find the comm port. Once the hardware utility finds the comm port then you will do a scan of the LOR network for the controller. Normally the controllers are shipped set to address 01. We had a unit at expo where the dials were 01, but when we scanned with the Hardware utitlity it showed as 81. Powered down the unit, ran the dials around with a small screw driver and reset to 01 and the unit showed correctly in the hardware utility.

At what step in the above process is it failing?

Chuck

When you do a refresh in the Hardware Utility, what ID number is returned?

EDIT: I see Chuck posted while I was typing

I have taken the small screwdriver and turned both to all numbers and letters then back to 01.
after refresh it finds 01 no problem.'But still no power to the lights!
:( :::(((