Light-O-Rama Forums

the old quot;flickquot; in the fade problem (resolved)

Guest guest

I have that annoying "flick" in my down fade on one of my boards. I'm running 7 CTB16D boards, 5"blue" and 2 "green". The problem is in one of the older green boards. All the other boards seem fine. During a fade down, I get that Flick of ON for a split second at about 60% of the fade. I did a search and reread all the old posts on that problem, but found no cure. I downloaded and installed the "green" firmware and the new hardware utility and still have the problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

Thanks, Mike

ok, i had the same prob and here was the fix that helped me, go into the sequence were the flic happens, and redraw the fade. just go right over the top of what is there with the exact same thing. this usally fixes the problem. good luck

Mike,

I had flicks in my fades when I hardwired my controllers. My C/B panel had 3 different phases and so I had different power wires on different phases. I moved a couple C/Bs around to the same phase for each controller and everything works perfect.

Assuming you have hardwired controllers - Check your C/B box and see how the controllers are hooked up.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Mike Cole wrote:

I have that annoying "flick" in my down fade on one of my boards. I'm running 7 CTB16D boards, 5"blue" and 2 "green". The problem is in one of the older green boards. All the other boards seem fine. During a fade down, I get that Flick of ON for a split second at about 60% of the fade. I did a search and reread all the old posts on that problem, but found no cure. I downloaded and installed the "green" firmware and the new hardware utility and still have the problem. Was there ever a fix for this?

Thanks, Mike....
There was a fix for this and I am not aware of any remaining issues. It is possible that there is something wrong with that board. When you look at the board in the hardware Uility it now reports version 4.1 firmware correct?

Dan.......actually no.......all 7 boards say CTB16D ver 2.0................I must have not installed the firmware properly. My "network" of controllers are all installed in the yard now, so if I use the proper setting in the hardware utility, I should be able to send the updated firmware to each card one at a time, correct? I will download and install the firmware to the problem card first and see what happens. Of course I could remove the data cables and do each card independently, but my longest cat5 cable will not reach the box with the problem card.....lol........I need a laptop...........thanks, Mike