Light-O-Rama Forums

s3

evan.a

If s3 gets released this year, great... but don't wait to see if it happens. go with the sequence you've done and keep sequencing, and you know it works...
it is now July 3 and if your hoping to get s3 this year. it might not happen. even with the summer sale.
But you can always be ready for next year with s3 and havin another great display.

just didn't want any members waiting to start the season too late hoping on a dream.

Edit by LightORamaDan: S3 will be released this year but the advice to not wait to get started is good advice. You should always get started as early as possible. As far as the Summer Sale and S3, there is not connection between the two things

Guest wbottomley

Good advice. I'm continuing to build my show and channel layout. Going as planned and if new toys come along, then I can add without being in a jam at the last minute.

wbottomley wrote:

Good advice. I'm continuing to build my show and channel layout. Going as planned and if new toys come along, then I can add without being in a jam at the last minute.

I agree with William, and the others.

It is much better to get a your sequences built this time of year, get your shows assembled, and use the software you have been using that has tested out as rock stable, and most importantly the software you are very familiar and comfortable with using!

While we are all looking forward to S3, the worst thing you could do is wait on your sequences, and start working on them in August/Septemeber; or convert your current show pc over, and then find out there are glitches that will have to be troubleshot in the few months preceeding your lighting up. This is especially true if you have a large number of conventional/DMX channels.

I can remember more than a few posts where people wound up very upset in late September, etc when things were no longer working as they intended. The problems got ironed out, but why fix something that isn't broke?

If you have a second/non show pc, go ahead and start playing with S3 when it first comes out, and use it until you are very comfortable with it, especially with what it can do, before you convert your show pc over.

You know what they say about Mr. Murphy. He's still out there, waiting to make his rounds....

evan.a wrote:

If s3 gets released this year, great... but don't wait to see if it happens. go with the sequence you've done and keep sequencing, and you know it works...
it is now July 3 and if your hoping to get s3 this year. it might not happen. even with the summer sale.
But you can always be ready for next year with s3 and havin another great display.

just didn't want any members waiting to start the season too late hoping on a dream.

sure...burst all of our bubbles...

What ever happened to "dreaming the impossible dream" in this once great country?!??!

I must admit I am not much of an optimist...in fact, not only is my glass half empty...it doesn't even have ANYTHING in it...

so please...just this ONCE, let me have some hope and optimism that S3 will be released SOON!!!!

PS: I know I read in another current post that S3 STILL needs to be released to the BETA Testers, so my head tells me a Mid-July date is all but impossible...

but the procrastinator in me is still hopeful... :)

Jimswinder wrote

PS: I know I read in another current post that S3 STILL needs to be released to the BETA Testers, so my head tells me a Mid-July date is all but impossible...

At least the CCB's will be here soon !!!

Ron Amedee wrote:

Jimswinder wrote

At least the CCB's will be here soon !!!

Yea...but what good are the CCB's without the SUPER STAR software??????

I was needing it for my CCB matrix...

so sad...so very very sad...

yes Virginia...Santa Claus is dead...

Ron Amedee wrote:

Here fill you glass !!!

lol...

too bad I don't like beer...

see...glass is still empty... :)

jimswinder wrote:

What ever happened to "dreaming the impossible dream" in this once great country?!??!

Ya, I know what you mean Jim. And I wanted to marry Loni Anderson too. :D

Max-Paul wrote:

jimswinder wrote:

Ya, I know what you mean Jim. And I wanted to marry Loni Anderson too. :D

Hey...maybe she will see the error of her ways, divorce her fourth husband pretty soon and come lookin' for ya!!!

Jeff Millard wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
too bad I don't like beer...:D

That ain't beer bro'! :shock: Well, it used to be...

Jeff

lol...

I don't like "After Beer" either...

Ron Amedee wrote:

Here then...

Vodka on the rocks looks good to me.. especially when it's light on the rocks... :D

BrownOut wrote:

Ron Amedee wrote:
Here then...

How did you know that Jim likes Zima??

He KNOWS I can't handle the manly drinks... :shock:

Jeff Millard wrote:

Can we play spin the bottle?

You can, last time I checked around, it was mostly guys... Have at it.. I'll go in the other room.........

Jeff Millard wrote:

BrownOut wrote:

Ha, guys, this has been one of the funniest nights in LOR help forum history! No heart attacks please... it would spoil all the fun...

Jeff

Well alcohol is a good tissue preservative... just say'in...

jimswinder wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
Ron Amedee wrote:
Here then...

He KNOWS I can't handle the manly drinks...  :shock:

Or girly.

Jeff Millard wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
You can, last time I checked around, it was mostly guys... Have at it.. I'll go in the other room.........

Low blow... need I say more?

Jeff

Lol sorry, made it too easy

Jeff Millard wrote:

It took me about a minute to come up with it, so I guess I failed easy... HA!

Jeff

Has someone been drinking?