Light-O-Rama Forums

Update S2 Software

T. Bennett

I just upgraded to basic plus, and noticed that didnt update the software version. My software version is still 2.8.12.

So how do I update to the 2.9.4? I can't find the way to do it...

Tim

Tim, go to LOR home page. Under the software tab gp to download.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel like I'm asking a silly question, but it's been a while since I've done an upgrade. When you "Save Target As", should you be saving it in the main Light-O-Rama folder on your computer, right? (I know this may vary for some users.) Also, I see 2.8.12 is listed twice on the list of download options? (Computer won't allow 2.9.4)

sadayo wrote:

I feel like I'm asking a silly question, but it's been a while since I've done an upgrade. When you "Save Target As", should you be saving it in the main Light-O-Rama folder on your computer, right? (I know this may vary for some users.) Also, I see 2.8.12 is listed twice on the list of download options? (Computer won't allow 2.9.4)

No, you don't need to save the installer to your Light-O-Rama folder. Just save it somewhere where you can easily find it. I recommend to your "Downloads" folder, or perhaps even to your Desktop.

I don't know what you mean by the thing about 2.8.12 being listed twice on the list of download options, or about the computer not allowing 2.9.4. Could you please rephrase the explanation?

bob wrote:

I don't know what you mean by the thing about 2.8.12 being listed twice on the list of download options, or about the computer not allowing 2.9.4. Could you please rephrase the explanation?

When you visit http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html and scroll down to where it says "Past Versions of Software" and there's a table for the ShowTime Software Suite S2 downloads, they have 2.8.12 on two lines of the chart. Not sure if there's a difference between the two, or if it was just accidently repeated.

With reference to my 2.9.4 comment, back in May I tried to upgrade to that and had issues with a missing file, an .msi and/or .dll file I believe. After running a utility cleanup, I still had the problem. I had to remove that upgrade and went with the 2.8.12 and was able to complete download and open up my sequence editor. It's an older computer and I don't have the patience for troubleshooting issues like that. I still have another computer that's got the 2.1.6 on it and thought I should upgrade that to 2.8.12 until I can buy a new computer and not have to worry about compatibility issues with my "prehistoric" electronics.