Light-O-Rama Forums

Fading Completed Sequence

alaskastudio

So, I am still new at this (only been programming for about 2-3 weeks) and I ran across something I can't figure out how to do. I have an effect running with my arches at the end of a song (see attached), but I want to fade out the whole effect at the end of the song. If there a way to easily do it without having to manually fade each part?

Attached files 250164=13584-LOR.jpg

If you were running a chase or some type of pattern other than fades, there's a real slick and easy way to fade that at the end of a song. But since you're working with fades already, I think you're probably going to have to do it the hard way.

Darn, I was afraid of that. I was hoping there was something I was missing such as selecting where I want the fade, rick click, and hit some magic button to make the selected area fade while preserving the integrity of the sequence. :P

Again, there is. But it works by setting the intensity of each active cell in the selected range and basically only allows for on or off. In your example it would turn your existing fades into one long fade. If you were running any other kind of pattern, such as a chase, it is a great time-saver compared to doing it manually, but it has limitations. To achieve what I'm describing, select an area somewhere in a sequence where you have a chase pattern, press the FOREGROUND button, then press the FADE DOWN button and then press ENTER. Voila! [it also works for fading up a chase sequence.]

You beat me to it George. I just did the exact thing on a 4th of July song I finished tonight. R O C K in the USA, the song fades out at the end....and so do all the lighting effects.

Another option that may or may not achieve the effect you are wanting, but is extremely easy. For this example, let's say you want the final fade-out to be 2 seconds long. Create 2 seconds of blank cells at the end of your effect (either add on 2 seconds of blank, or delete the last 2 seconds of what you have programmed--depends when you want it to reach 0%). Now click on the "fill" tool. Now click on a cell in the blank 2 second gap you created for each channel. It will fade each to 0%, but all with different intensity starting points (some starting at 50%, some 66%, some 30%, etc).

The downside of this approach is that it more or less pauses your present effect, and fades from those points to 0%--for a short 1-2 second, I doubt that the audience will notice that your random effect is no longer "moving".

From the picture I can't really tell what you're trying to achieve. But if you are saying that at a particular moment of the song you want to fade down from whatever intensity point you're at, you just have to use the Fill tool.

I think what the OP was trying to achieve was to maintain his up/down fade pattern within an overall fade out at the end of the song.