Light-O-Rama Forums

Solicitation to sell FM transmitter

Steven

This is an active sales team! She ("Lily") must have Googled 'FM Transmitter' and found my web site. She then used my "Contact Us" page to post this message:

Subject: Supplier FM transmiiter

Dear Sir,

ItӮs glad to write to you with keep hope to open a business relation ship with you.

This is Lily from Vast company who is one of professtional FM Transmitter manufactory.

We know you operate these products.

We are insteresed in supplying our high qulity products to you on favorable terms and conditions, Upon receipt your inquires.

For more information, we would like to let you know our company web site as below.

www.vastelec.com

If you are interested in our products, please contact us at any time.

Hope to hear good news from you.

We thank you very much for your attention and look forward to your reply soon.

Best Regards!
Lily
VAST ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY (ZHUHAI) CO.,LTD.
Fax:+86 756 8139001
Email:
MSN:

"We know you operate these products."

No, I'm not going to replace my EDM.

Steven wrote:

I didn't see any prices...

jimswinder wrote:

Steven wrote:

They must be free then.

MikeH

Tell them to send you some free samples in order for you to test so you can attest to their quality to your "customers" and colleagues.

jimswinder wrote:

They have since removed the price, but a Google cache of one of their store pages says:

Price: 200.00å

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Tell them to send you some free samples in order for you to test so you can attest to their quality to your "customers" and colleagues.

Steven - Put my name in your list also to field-test one of these babies. I'm not ready to replace my EDM yet either, but as a backup I'll definitely invest $31.00.

George Simmons wrote:

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Steven - Put my name in your list also to field-test one of these babies. I'm not ready to replace my EDM yet either, but as a backup I'll definitely invest $31.00.

Hey..if you guys are doing a group buy, count me in!!!

jimswinder wrote:

George Simmons wrote:
Surfing4Dough wrote:

Hey..if you guys are doing a group buy, count me in!!!

I'm in!

BrownOut wrote:

Too funny- thread went from crappy spam to a large order of units.

Spam wins!! ; )

its a lot of work to collect, recieve and reship out to members. plus to calculate shipping for different parts of the states for members. who pays whats. what is the cost for an oversea's package?
you can buy it for 31 bucks. but its 50 bucks for one, shipping overseas alone.

Jeff Millard wrote:

I've looked over their products and I don't see the transmitter they offered on eBay. It has two printed circuit boards with a ribbon cable between. Very basic. Push buttons for up and down frequency, power audio in and antenna connections. 3 segmented LEDs for the frequency readout. I looked back and I spent $65 on it not $30. I use it year 'round. It re-transmits Sirius around my campsite in the summer.

Jeff 

Hi Jeff-
Check out the pictures in this website:
http://www.hllyelectronics.com/25mw-fm-radio-station-transmitter-circuit-board-p-177.html

It looks like what you are describing - two printed circuit boards with ribbon cable... push buttons for up and down frequency.

Is this your unit? If it is, it sounds like a great deal.... $38 US with Free shipping!

What do you use for an enclosure?

Thanks,
Lori

I am in too on the Vast transmitter. How many do we need to get a price break?

Do we have a full order? Or only a half-Vast order? :shock:

I'll take one too !! Would be real bad if my main unit went bad and did not have a back up.

Denise

Jeff Millard wrote:

... I looked back and I spent $65 on it not $30. ...

Jeff

First spam, and now false advertising. What kind of half-vast thread is this?!?

Arnoldc wrote:

Evan, I would assume Steven was, he's the one who got the email

Hold on! I just reported spam I received. I already have a back-up transmitter, so I'm not thinking of ordering another!

I'd also like to point out that the 200-Yuen price I quoted was from a cached version of a web page, and the price is no longer there. That price was probably only available for domestic (China) shipments.

I'm going to stick with my EDM, as it works and sounds very good.

Jeff Millard wrote:
It took an hour of searching my NAS but I found the pic of the transmitter in the first case I had it in.

That looks like a nice water-proof case you had there, with a big hole cut right next to the circuit board. :?