Light-O-Rama Forums

vacant fm stations

james campbell

There isn't a freq that has quiet on either side? If 97.5 has a station on it, I wouldn't pick 97.7... try to find a block of "quiet" so the one you want is free from bleedover from adjacent stations..

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe folks should petition the FCC to make a standard set of frequencies for such things as our lightshows.

Now I don't know how feasible that would be (or if they'd even listen), but it'd be nice if there were at least several frequencies that could be allocated, a couple on the low end, a couple in the center end and a couple at the high end that would or could be reserved specifically for those wanting to use an FM Transmitter to broadcast their show music to their audiences.

Maybe if enough folks got together they could make this happen.

Just sayin'....

Orville wrote:

Maybe folks should petition the FCC to make a standard set of frequencies for such things as our lightshows.

Now I don't know how feasible that would be (or if they'd even listen), but it'd be nice if there were at least several frequencies that could be allocated, a couple on the low end, a couple in the center end and a couple at the high end that would or could be reserved specifically for those wanting to use an FM Transmitter to broadcast their show music to their audiences.

Just sayin'....

Maybe the transmitters should have an auto-frequency finder

Guest wbottomley

Frank Picozzi wrote:

Orville wrote:

Just sayin'....

+2 for Frank. Man... you're on a roll. :(

Orville wrote:

Maybe if enough folks got together they could make this happen. . .

Perhaps you could. You might get your own licensed frequency for Christmas music. You would have to comply with the licensed transmitter power allocated. You would have to use licensed transmitter equipment with licensed antennas. Is this really what you all want? I would suggest that you think carefully before beginning this!

Regards,

Alan.

Orville wrote:

And then again, maybe folks shouldn't... don't you think that maybe the government might already have TOO MUCH control over our lives?

Orville wrote:

Just sayin'....

Having worked with the FCC in the various day jobs over the years, I'd say the odds of that happening, or even getting any serious consideration from the FCC, well, better chance of winning the next powerball drawing.

All kinds of reasons why it would never happen...and is in no way, shape, or form what you want. The FCC provides for low power/unlicensed use for needs like ours...no real need for anything else.

wbottomley wrote:

Frank Picozzi wrote:
Orville wrote:

Just sayin'....

+2 for Frank. Man... you're on a roll. :P

I thought I blocked william from this thread:)

DonFL wrote:

Orville wrote:

Just sayin'....

Having worked with the FCC in the various day jobs over the years, I'd say the odds of that happening, or even getting any serious consideration from the FCC, well, better chance of winning the next powerball drawing.

All kinds of reasons why it would never happen...and is in no way, shape, or form what you want. The FCC provides for low power/unlicensed use for needs like ours...no real need for anything else.

there is no way to have stations the same nationwide.like some stations here that have been used by big stations for years may be vacant in other areas.