Light-O-Rama Forums

How to convert/save-as an Animation (.las) as Musical (.lms) sequence

dmoore

I have a sequence that was created as a .LAS file that needs to be switched to a .LMS file. When you open the .LAS file and attempt to do a SAVE-AS it results in the following error:

Error saving file... do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument

Anyone know how to conver this?

Thanks,
David

David,

Just rename the file in Windows Explorer. Change the extension to LMS, and you'll be good to go. (Of course, make a copy first, just in case.)

Ron Amedee wrote:

I opened the las file added a media file, Sequenced it and tried to save as lms file with a different name and thats when I get the error

I get the same thing after renaming and adding an .MP3 file.

Thanks for the quick response!

If your trying to do the Monster sequence contest, export the channel configuration. Then start a new sequence as a musical sequence and then import the the channel configuration. Now it can be saved as an .lms file.

MikeH

You're welcome Ron. I'm trying to do this also, but I don't think I have enough time. I just can't seem to grasp the mouth moving parts.....grrrr.

MikeH

dmoore wrote:

I have a sequence that was created as a .LAS file that needs to be switched to a .LMS file. When you open the .LAS file and attempt to do a SAVE-AS it results in the following error:

Error saving file... do you want to try to save to another file name?

Detail: Invalid procedure call or argument

Anyone know how to conver this?

Thanks,
David

What version of the software are you using? Prior to version 2.8.6, there were bugs involved with converting from LAS to LMS or vice versa. I think that what you're describing is one of them.

From 2.8.6 on, doing a "Save As" on an LAS file and attempting to rename it to LMS should instead result in the following message:

This sequence does not have a media file. If you would like to save it as a musical sequence, please assign one to it, via Edit / Media File.

Otherwise, you can save it as an animation sequence.

If you then add a media file via Edit / Media File, doing a "Save As" and selecting LMS should work fine.

Bob Wrote

What version of the software are you using? Prior to version 2.8.6, there were bugs involved with converting from LAS to LMS or vice versa. I think that what you're describing is one of them.

From 2.8.6 on, doing a "Save As" on an LAS file and attempting to rename it to LMS should instead result in the following message:

This sequence does not have a media file. If you would like to save it as a musical sequence, please assign one to it, via Edit / Media File.

Otherwise, you can save it as an animation sequence.

If you then add a media file via Edit / Media File, doing a "Save As" and selecting LMS should work fine.

I am running 2.9.4 Advanced. When doing as you posted i get.

Attached files 249367=13537-Capture 2.PNG

Hmmm... perhaps does this problem happen even if you don't try to convert to LMS? That is, if you just do a "save as" and select some new filename?