Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence The New Monster Quartet and You Could Win It Free!

dmoore

If you've seen the singing monster heads in Halloween displays in prior years and were looking for an easy way to add these to your Halloween display, we've got just the thing - our new Singing Monster Quartet which consists of four individual 46”x46” singing monster faces. Only 32 channels are required for all four faces and setup is easy using standard incandescent or LED mini-lights and your LOR controller. The best part? You could get yours for free! HolidayCoro.com is giving away up to 6 complete sets of the Singing Monster Quartet, including shipping, to customers that submit a winning sequence using the new design. No purchase is necessary and we’ve even made it easy with the inclusion of a pre-configured channel template and visualizer – just sequence in LOR S2, submit your entry and you could be a winner! You can get additional details at:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/docs/TheMonsterQuartetGiveawayInstructions.pdf

Best of luck – contest ends June 30, 2011!

SingingMonstersHorz-small.jpg

dmoore wrote:

If you've seen the singing monster heads in Halloween displays in prior years and were looking for an easy way to add these to your Halloween display, we've got just the thing - our new Singing Monster Quartet which consists of four individual 46”x46” singing monster faces. Only 32 channels are required for all four faces and setup is easy using standard incandescent or LED mini-lights and your LOR controller. The best part? You could get yours for free! HolidayCoro.com is giving away up to 6 complete sets of the Singing Monster Quartet, including shipping, to customers that submit a winning sequence using the new design. No purchase is necessary and we’ve even made it easy with the inclusion of a pre-configured channel template and visualizer – just sequence in LOR S2, submit your entry and you could be a winner! You can get additional details at:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/docs/TheMonsterQuartetGiveawayInstructions.pdf

Best of luck – contest ends June 30, 2011!

SingingMonstersHorz-small.jpg
I find this offensive and misleading, what it sounds like is you want everyone else to write your sequences for this and send them to you, the "winner" will receive $100 worth of coro and you will end up with ton's of sequences you will most likely sell for ten times that!!!

Its a standard business practice. I would not produce, sell, pay taxes, stock and inventory these items if I was going to give you 90% of my profit. So Holidaycoro in my mind is handeling it correctly. He is running a business to make money not line everyone elses pockets. Just my 2 cents

I wouldn't call it misleading. I went to the website and it was spelled out pretty clear and I saw it instantly.

The deal is not for me, but I'm not offended about it.

For some this could be a great deal.

caniac wrote:

I find this offensive and misleading, what it sounds like is you want everyone else to write your sequences for this and send them to you, the "winner" will receive $100 worth of coro and you will end up with ton's of sequences you will most likely sell for ten times that!!!

I'm sorry you feel this way. I try to be as creative as possible to offer the greatest value for my customers. I don't personally sequence all that well and there are many of my customers and other that do a great job at sequencing, as such, my efforts are best focused on doing what I do best - producing coro based items and allowing customers or potential customers to do what they do best, sequence. It seems like a complete win-win for a customer that would be sequencing such a project anyway to get free products worth up to $210 per song for just sequencing.

This view pops up regularly on this forum. It is completely astounding to me!

I plan to submit and win! It is of no concern to me that HC will own the sequence and sell it. He is offering a voluntary and fair exchange.

There is nothing wrong with an entrepreneur selling something and making money. People make trades all the time. The whining over free enterprise is misplaced since each of us participate in it by selling our time and labor in exchange for a wage. Time for me to drop out of this topic.. gotta go pay the lawn guy, housekeeper, Accountant, computer tech, babysitter, pest control, and Weed-man. All of them do jobs for me I could do myself but would rather pay for their services instead.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

I plan to submit and win! It is of no concern to me that HC will own the sequence and sell it. He is offering a voluntary and fair exchange.

There is nothing wrong with an entrepreneur selling something and making money. People make trades all the time. The whining over free enterprise is misplaced since each of us participate in it by selling our time and labor in exchange for a wage. Time for me to drop out of this topic.. gotta go pay the lawn guy, housekeeper, Accountant, computer tech, babysitter, pest control, and Weed-man. All of them do jobs for me I could do myself but would rather pay for their services instead.

Bob, I totally agree! I think it's great Dave took the initiative to do that.

For the newer folks on the forum - a great many of our vendors started out as forum members, including some very attached to this particular forum (but no names mentioned of course;)).

Rather than becoming upset and then discouraging them, let's try to, if you can't support them, at least let them be.

They may very well become our future big vendors. Ya' never know!

ItsMeBobO wrote:

You have a Weed-man? Wow people around here keep that kind of stuff secret:)

ItsMeBobO wrote:

I completely agree with Bob and Greg. I think if HC wants to put on an awesome contest like this, then let them. And with the sequences they get, let them do what they please with them. If you don't want your sequences to be owned by someone else, then don't submit it.

I plan on doing a sequence or two and sending them to HC, and hopefully with a little luck, I might win. But when i send the sequence to them, I know that they will do whatever they want with it, and that's fine by me. And it isn't like they take the sequence and give nothing back, the winners get free coro, and depending on where you place, you can get even more. To me it is a win-win situation!!

So, in that case, thank you Holiday Coro, this is an awesome contest that I think many people will like, including me.

Jeff Millard wrote:

rstately wrote:

Funny, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. It's no wonder he's such a good programmer...

wait for it...

He doesn't have to worry about weeds and can focus on his programming...

:cool:

I noticed it also, but I had just paid my weed-man, and then forgot that I was thinking about commenting on it. : )

My lawn guy does the weeding ..always figured that was part of any lawn guy's normal duties.

I guess the statement "I don't do weed(s)" can have several meanings..:P

We are also now offering a $50 store credit (on top of the Monster Quartet and free shipping) for the 1st and 2nd place sequences.

Paul Roberson wrote:

Jeff Millard wrote:
rstately wrote:

Funny, I thought I was the only one who noticed that. It's no wonder he's such a good programmer...

wait for it...

He doesn't have to worry about weeds and can focus on his programming...

:cool:

I noticed it also, but I had just paid my weed-man, and then forgot that I was thinking about commenting on it. : )

Me too, but I got the munchies and had to go make some brownies!!!

We have our first entry from Robert with the song: Thriller / Heads Will Roll (Glee Cast Version)

Thanks Robert!

Our third entry comes from David H with two songs - "The Purple People Eater" (The Best of Sha Na Na) and "Addams Family Theme (AMC Presents: Listen to the Movies Monsterfest).

Thanks David!