Light-O-Rama Forums

Am I Missing Something Here?

Guest Guest

Guest wbottomley

Am I missing something here?

Ticket : Light-O-Rama two day immersion experience only if purchased before June 15, 2011
Price : $451.95
Fee : $0.00
Sale Ending: Sun, Jun 26, 2011
More Details :
LOR immersion class only. No access to any other Christmas Expo mega or mini-sessions. This class has limited availability.

I guess my support shouldn't be free anymore.:)

One word for this.... damn!
Ticket : Patron... Give a little extra
Price : $150.00
Sale Ending: Wed, Jun 29, 2011
More Details :
You want to give a little extra to the PlanetChristmas community because you believe in paying it forward. By being a patron you help defray some of the expenses of running the PlanetChristmas community. What do you get in return? See more info at http://www.christmasexpo.com/Patrons.htm.

I have some ocean front property in Kansas. It's real cheap. How many acres are you looking for?

Or... do you have a couple of dollars so I can get a pack of cigarettes?

Do you have a quarter so I can make a phone call?

I guess my budget only allows me to visit the vendor area only. Look out guys, I'm coming by on Saturday.

That sounds like a pricey event! Looks like it pays waaaaay better than sequencing though... Might have to change my specialty...

Is any part of it free like a mini or do you have to pay for everything?

Mountainwxman wrote:

More Details :
You want to give a little extra to the PlanetChristmas community because you believe in paying it forward. By being a patron you help defray some of the expenses of running the PlanetChristmas community. What do you get in return? See more info at http://www.christmasexpo.com/Patrons.htm

I guess my budget only allows me to visit the vendor area only. Look out guys, I'm coming by on Saturday.

theater-food-prices.gif

rwertz wrote:

Christmas is getting too commercial...

Retirement funds are getting too commercial!

I bet the UStream of the LOR Class would cost about $200

Guest wbottomley

rescue_653 wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

More Details :
You want to give a little extra to the PlanetChristmas community because you believe in paying it forward. By being a patron you help defray some of the expenses of running the PlanetChristmas community. What do you get in return? See more info at http://www.christmasexpo.com/Patrons.htm

theater-food-prices.gif

That couldn't be any truer.

Ok Im sure someone will be jumping me for doing this or the thread will get closed for some reason but here it goes...

I am a member of Lone Star Holidays and we have been putting on our Academy for several years now. Its coming up very soon and there are still openings for anyone that wants to attend.

Here is the link...go there and then click on EVENTS and read all about it.

http://www.lone-star-holidays.com/

If you want to have some good training and meet some good people and still be able to turn your lights on after this maybe this is for you.

A lot of good things come from the local events and you can make some good friends along the way.

Now if anyone has a problem with what I just posted please send me an email or a PM and keep the bad comments to me.

Anthony

Mountainwxman wrote:

Shoot me an email on Saturday. I'll be there.

I'm sure for $451.95 you probably get a controller, a couple of sequences, and a really nice lunch.

Guest wbottomley

Don wrote:

Mountainwxman wrote:

Shoot me an email on Saturday. I'll be there.

I'm suppose to send David Barnett a text when I arrive.

Well, I for one cannot justify the expense to travel to the Expo when I need more controllers and lights. I figure the weekend will cost close to $1000.00 without attending any classes add in a class or two or the immersion and its a $1500.00. To me thats a lot of controllers and lights. After reading the synopsis 3/4 of the day is redundant. I would be better off taking an electronics course to better understand how to build some more complex props.

I am getting out my fire extinguisher for the flames. If you don’t like the set-up of this event or the pricing, the simple answer is don’t go to it. Spend your money however you choose. I don’t recall seeing any requirement for having this training under your belt before being allowed to turn your lights on after Thanksgiving. I really see no difference between charging for LOR training and charging for sequences, many of which used to be free or were originally done by somebody else. That’s known as free-enterprise. If a guy wants to charge for sharing his expertise (and people are willing to pay for it) then he should be allowed to do so. Just because you don’t want to spend your money this way, don’t knock those who might.

jim6918 wrote:

I am getting out my fire extinguisher for the flames. If you don’t like the set-up of this event or the pricing, the simple answer is don’t go to it. Spend your money however you choose. I don’t recall seeing any requirement for having this training under your belt before being allowed to turn your lights on after Thanksgiving. I really see no difference between charging for LOR training and charging for sequences, many of which used to be free or were originally done by somebody else. That’s known as free-enterprise. If a guy wants to charge for sharing his expertise (and people are willing to pay for it) then he should be allowed to do so. Just because you don’t want to spend your money this way, don’t knock those who might.

I agree, Jim, if you think it's too expensive, don't go, simple as that. I am also of the opinion that this is the American free enterprise system at its best. Someone has a product or service to offer, someone else wants that product or service. If that second person is willing to pay the price or negotiate a deal, then more power to both of them.

Go Capitalism!!

D.T.

How bout this idea?
How hard would it be to hook up a Web cam in some or all of those training rooms? We couldn't aske questions,but We could watch and maybe learn something. You know, like a webinar. What do you think?

kellyhaglund wrote:

How bout this idea?
How hard would it be to hook up a Web cam in some or all of those training rooms? We couldn't aske questions,but We could watch and maybe learn something. You know, like a webinar. What do you think?

I think that is a good idea, but what is a reasonable cost fot that?