Light-O-Rama Forums

2011 Halloween Ideas

dkoehler42

Before anyone says it; yes, I'm a bit early. We haven't even gotten to the 4th for those who do it. But the best of these are done properly. And who knows, maybe we can get a few of us together to do a community show for the neighborhood!

Personally, I've been toying with the notion of a Back to the Future show. I've got an attic window I might be able to put up a fake clock(if I could make/find one), run wires down, and figure out a way to leave 'flaming tire marks' in my driveway. Fog and lighting would be easy.

What about you?

dkoehler42 wrote:

Before anyone says it; yes, I'm a bit early. We haven't even gotten to the 4th for those who do it. But the best of these are done properly. And who knows, maybe we can get a few of us together to do a community show for the neighborhood!

Personally, I've been toying with the notion of a Back to the Future show. I've got an attic window I might be able to put up a fake clock(if I could make/find one), run wires down, and figure out a way to leave 'flaming tire marks' in my driveway. Fog and lighting would be easy.

What about you?
It is never too early, my better half and I are working on singing pumpkins, "concrete graveyard columns", fog machines, etc.

I agree, its NEVER too early to start working on something. I already have all of my sequencing done for Halloween, and I started planning my haunted barn earlier this week. I have a lot of work done, but I still have a lot of work to do, so you can never be too early.

I have a lot of building to do, but I have some lights that will be coming in soon and hopefully I will get some PVC so I can start building some of the props I need. My biggest projects right now is my RGB flood lights, I still have to buy them and the controller to control them.

jem5136 wrote:

I have a lot of building to do, but I have some lights that will be coming in soon and hopefully I will get some PVC so I can start building some of the props I need. My biggest projects right now is my RGB flood lights, I still have to buy them and the controller to control them.
you gotta love pvc!!

It is never too early to start. Heck there is only 4 real months before Halloween. I have 5 of 7 sequences done and now I am re-designing my castle and building frames for my pumpkin faces and spider webs. A lot to do in a very short time! :shock:

Wow, and now I feel like a procrastinator! Do you folks have a theme you build around, or you just do what feels good?

dkoehler42 wrote:

Wow, and now I feel like a procrastinator! Do you folks have a theme you build around, or you just do what feels good?
sorta both, the left side of my yard will be all about Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin. We have wooden cutouts of the entire Peanuts gang and a 6ft inflatable pumpkin. The right side of the yard/driveway will be all about a graveyard with fog machines, Lightning, graves, and evil singing pumpkins.

I am doing a major revamp this year. I've been woring on the setup for the last 2 months. (some special light stuff from china for a couple of the characters). Inspired by many last year, and am incorperating my twist on them this year. Mine runs in a 7 foot by 50 foot Window (mini viersion of the Macy's window) so I don't have weather issues (but do have depth issues). Singing faces, flying ghosts and a back up band for the singing faces, as well as the usual halloween stuff. (Hope I can make it all work ONLY 4 months left, so much to do and so little time).

I don't really have a theme, I just kind go with that looks good to me. My light show is pretty much just for an annual party my family throws every year, and this year is going to be the last year and my father is turning 50, so its going to be a Halloween/birthday party for him, and so I am going to go out with a bang. For the light show, I have some RGB lights, singing pumpkins, some Mega Poles, a graveyard and a few other things that will hopefully make this year better than last years' show.

If anyone would like to see one me of sequences, PM me and I can send one to you. It would give you a better idea of my setup than what I can explain on here.

My Rock'n Haunted Castle has had a few different themes over the years. Excalibur theme in 2009 and the Addam's Family in 2010. This year is up in the air. Just going with my 4 singing pumpkin faces mixed in with a lot of fog, lasers and LED lights.

• 1 month later...

LOVE the Back to the Future idea!!! I'm working on sequencing the Dexter theme song for a new addition this year. I've been running a very generic Halloween display, but have thought quite a bit about going all out with the Scooby Doo theme. Think of all the monsters those meddling kids have sleuthed over the years!