Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio Annalisys error

crackchecker

Went to start a new audio sequence today and got a "Audio Annalisys Error" when I went to open the Beat wizzard and the wave form.

I have ran the file straight without editing and after running through the MP3 gain with no change to the error message.

This is the first time I have had this error ever. What do you think?

This is a legally purchased file.

Plays fine in the sequence editor.

I recently had that on a file. It was sampled at 256K. I ran it thru Audacity and changed it to 128K and it worked fine.

alright, how in audacity do you do that?

found where it tells me to resample, but it says its at 44100 hz. What should it be?

Actually its the bit-rate, not the sample rate. I think it's in the export settings. I also think 128 is the default, but don't quote me on that.

In the older version I think Brian is correct - it's an export option in the preferences menu.

I use version 1.3.7 and in this one it is an option, located in the lower right corner, when you export as an MP3. You want to export at a bit rate of 128.

Thats what I have George. Now its looking for the Lame_enc.dll file. I'm looking for the latest version that it is requesting.

That should be located at the same place from which you downloaded Audacity.

Ok, Got it....

Man, what a lot of work just for a song.....

For versions 1.3.7 beta or newer..

Just for those who might run into the same problem, go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help/faq?s=install&item=lame-mp3. YOU WILL NEED THE NEWEST VERSION
Older versions will not work.

Like George said, though the file was not in my Audacity folder location, I put the newest download of lame_enc.dll in the Audacity folder for it to find.

Problem solved.

Thanks George and Brian

Sorry Crackcheck - I guess I described it poorly. What I meant was that you had to go back to where you downloaded Audacity and download the Lame editor from there. Glad you got it figured out.